UU Safety Net IS As Corpse-Cold Unitarian Dead As UUA Moderator Jim Key Who Was Almost Certainly Responsible For UU Safety Net's Premature Demise

Here is a comment that I just posted in response to the Unitarian Universalist Association: Awakened by One Bold Survivor post on Catherine Thiemann's Survivors Awaken The Church blog:

I recently discovered that the UU Safety Net website was not accessible. I got a "Site Not Found" notice when I tried to access it approximately three weeks ago. I have since been informed by the receptionist of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville (FUUN), Tennessee, that the UU Safety Net website was knowingly and willfully taken down, and that it has been archived (in a way that is apparently not available to be viewed online) by Meadville Lombard Theological School. FUUN's receptionist also told me that UU Safety Net is not on the list of FUUN committees, and that she had no knowledge of any activity by-of the UU Safety Net committee while she has been employed at FUUN. It seems that UU Safety Net has been "dead" for at least a year and more like two years, and that it disbanded soon after it's founder, Anna Belle Leiserson, threw in the proverbial towel in mid-2015, as may be gleaned by reading between the lines of her comment here. UU Safety Net's Rev. Gail Seavey has repeatedly ignored my phone messages seeking information about the status of UU Safety Net, and what is or is not happening with reform of the UUA's policies and procedures for handling clergy misconduct complaints, that I have left for her on several different occasions spread over the last several months.

R.I.P. UU Safety Net





Comments