R.I.P. U*U COP aka Peter Kohl Montreal Unitarian "Citizens' Police Officer"


My No. 1 "hit" U*U Tube video of a Totalitarian Montreal Unitarian "Citizens' Police Officer" repeatedly throwing my picket signs into de Maisonneuve boulevard just attained 1,001 views earlier today. That's not bad for a fairly obscure U*U themed YouTube video that is not heavily promoted by Unitarian*Universalists as some UUA marketing aka propaganda videos are. In fact that U*U COP video seems to be holding its own against another comparatively popular U*UTube video that features the famous sceptic James Randi which was posted to YouTube at around the same time, i.e. late September of 2007.

I have recently mentioned that the Totalitarian Unitarian who describes himself as a "Citizens' Police Officer" conducting a "citizen's arrest" in this U*UTube video was amongst those Montreal Unitarians who submitted written testimony against me to the Montreal police and/or Crown prosecutor in support of Rev. Diane Rollert's deeply misguided and outrageously hypocritical effort to obtain a restraining order against me. It turns out that this no longer so anonymous Montreal Unitarian U*U is one Peter Kohl. I Googled his name in an effort to find out a bit more about him as I fully intended to thoroughly cross-examine him about his rather questionable prosecution testimony against me. Not much was found about a Montreal Unitarian named Peter Kohl but there was a Guelph Mercury newspaper article dated January 30, 2008 that carried the headline:

Colleagues, family remember former Mercury publisher

Businessman, environmentalist Peter Kohl died of pneumonia Dec. 27 in Montreal

It seemed somewhat unlikely that there would be two people named Peter Kohl in the 70 plus age bracket in Montreal so I decided to see if there was any mention of the death of Peter Kohl in the newsletter of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. Sure enough the February 2008 NUUSletter of the UCM had a piece titled 'In Memory of J. Peter Kohl' written by Rev. Diane Rollert herself. Here are some rather ironic quotes from Rev. Diane Rollert's NUUSletter UUlogy for longtime U*U Peter Kohl -

“We should do something practical,” he said. “Adopt a school or a village, or something like that.” I remember making a mental note, “Now here’s someone to tap for the next big project.”

As fate would have it, Peter did get quickly engaged in congregational life, despite the number of years he had been away.

It is thanks to Peter that we have a whole cadre of people he dubbed “Fresh Air Ambassadors.” These are the volunteers who make our outdoor entry a place of warmth and welcome on Sunday mornings. Peter would have been pleased to know what a positive impact his ambassadors are having on newcomers, members and friends.

His humour and his irreverence were fun and infectious and he was persistent.

When Peter got hold of something, he didn’t let it go until he’d followed it through to the end.

That is what makes his last weeks of life all the more remarkable because, when the time came, he had a courage that his doctors said they had never seen before. He knew how to let go with grace.

He often said, “Be big in small ways.” That’s how he chose to live his life.

So I guess that I won't have the pleasure of personally cross-examining Montreal Unitarian U*U "Citizens' Police Officer" Peter Kohl about his rather dubious written testimony against me, which doesn't really do much to support Rev. Diane Rollert's foolish effort to seek a restraining order against me in any case. Au contraire, Peter Kohl's written prosecution testimony includes some misleading half-truths and outright false testimony that can easily been shown to be misleading and/or false by contrasting these claims with the content of my U*U Tube videos that immortalize this late, but not so great, self-proclaimed "Citizens' Police Officer".

I can't help but notice that, according to Rev. Diane Rollert's UUlogy, Peter Kohl was once "General Manager at the Montreal Gazette, and Publisher of newspapers in Thunder Bay and Guelph." I can't help but wonder if Peter Kohl used some of his "pull" to try to influence the Montreal Gazette's coverage of Rev. Diane Rollert's "big project" of seeking to misuse and abuse the Canadian Criminal Code in yet another Unitarian*Universalist attempt to undermine and abrogate my Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guaranteed right to what most real Montreal cops understand is a peaceful protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. I well remember that Montreal Gazette reporter Irwin Block initially displayed an attitude that was heavily biased against me when he questioned me immediately after I left the Montreal courtroom on July 4th of 2007 after informing the court that I would be contesting Rev. Diane Rollert's attempt to obtain a restraining order against me.

In light of his obviously biased attitude I made it very clear to Irwin Block that I expected him to write a genuinely fair and balanced news report about Rev. Rollert's attempt to obtain a restraining order against me. I told him that he had probably been lied to by members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal and that he should responsibly listen to my side of the story before writing anything. Although Irwin Block he refused to take the time to have a coffee with me and properly interview me I managed to point out some of the ways that Montreal Unitarians may have mislead him, I also made it clear that Rev. Diane Rollert's alleged fear that I would commit a serious personal injury offence against me was symptomatic of paranoia since she had no reasonable grounds for that fear. In fact I said that Irwin Block could quote me on that in his report. In the end Irwin Block wrote a "just the facts ma'am" new report that I believe actually reflected better on me than on Rev. Diane Rollert and the Unitarian Church of Montreal. Certainly the article's headline 'Man contests minister's bid for restraining order' and the final sentence -

"Edgar claimed outside the courtroom yesterday that the restraining order is an attempt to restrict his weekly protests."

made it quite clear to Gazette readers of intelligence and conscience that I am standing up for my constitutionally guaranteed right to engage in peaceful public protest in the face of a highly questionable cynical effort to over-ride and/or suppress that civil right on the part of Rev. Diane Rollert and the Unitarian Church of Montreal as an institution.

Of course it doesn't hurt that several other members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal are Montreal Gazette journalists or former employees of the Montreal Gazette. . . Let's see now there is Sue Montgomery the Gazette's "Justice Reporter" who took my calls to the Gazette's City Desk when I tried to get The Gazette to responsibly report on my first arrest on trumped up criminal charges in early December of 2000. I well recall how Gazette "Justice Reporter" Sue Montgomery repeatedly insisted that this arrest on highly questionable, and very rarely enforced. . . criminal charges prohibiting the disruption of religious services was "not newsworthy". Needless to say, when I was rightly acquitted of these trumped up criminal charges, because the Crown prosecutor could not prove a single one of the four or five elements of law that he needed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in order to obtain a conviction, the Montreal Gazette decided that my acquittal was "not newsworthy" either. . .

Then of course there is the former religion reporter of the Gazette, Harvey Shepherd, who had actually done a pretty good job of responsibly reporting about my revelatory religious experience, and my efforts to promote Creation Day, but who repeatedly refused to report on the conflict and controversy arising out of Rev. Ray Drennan's false and malicious labeling of Creation Day as a "cult" etc. Gazette columnist Mark Abley is yet another member of the Unitarian Church of Montreal with close ties to Montreal's only English language daily. Besides these three Gazette journalists I have reason to believe that at least one or two other members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal held positions of some influence within the Montreal Gazette. So with these three Gazette journalists, former Gazette general manager Peter Kohl, and at least one or two other Gazette employees or former Gazette employees, the Unitarian Church of Montreal has some ability to influence the editorial decisions of the Montreal Gazette and I have reasonable grounds to believe that they have probably done so. . .

It is most regrettable that the Totalitarian Unitarian "Citizens' Police Officer" Peter Kohl totally disregarded those Unitarian*Universalist principles that call for a free and responsible search for truth and meaning, and justice, equity and compassion in human relations, before ignorantly embarking on his "big project" of trying to censor and suppress my legitimate public protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. If U*U COP Peter Kohl had made the effort to hear my side of the story before going to foolish "image tarnishing" lengths to try to silence my side of the story he might well have realized that the slogans on the picket signs that he repeatedly tossed into traffic on Saturday September 29th, 2007 held plenty of truth and meaning and protested against very real and very well-documented U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. In his DIM Thinking Denial, Ignorance and Minimization of the U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy that I am protesting against Montreal Unitarian Peter Kohl became a perpetuator and even an active participant in them. . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
I look forward to reading your obituary, Mr. Edgar.
Robin Edgar said…
You might have to wait a while. . .
Anonymous said…
I would suggest "Happy Days Are Here Again" and "Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead" for your funeral music, Mr. Edgar.
Robin Edgar said…
Well thank you so much for validating my picket sign slogan that says -

"CHURCH" OF THE "CULT-LIKE" WITCH-HUNT

oh so anonymous one. . .
Robin Edgar said…
And thanks also for acknowledging that Montreal Unitarians are rather less than happy about my "alternative spiritual practice" of publicly protesting against the anti-religious intolerance and bigotry of fundamentalist atheist "Humanist" U*Us and other U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy.
Anonymous said…
May you be re-incarnated as a toilet bowl in the washroom (unisex, of course) in the Unitarian Church of Montreal. My name is Gerda Biron. I am also known as the Emerald Adventurer.
Robin Edgar said…
Well thanks for giving me the final push that I needed to go ahead and make a picket sign slogan saying -

DON`T LET A U*U CRAP ON YOU

Oh so anonymous one.

So, not only do you have a death-wish towards me, but you wish that after my death U*Us can continue to crap on me. That`s what I like about U*Us, how they strive so hard to live up to their claimed principles and purposes. . .