Sue Montgomery's DU*Ubious Criminal Harassment Complaint Against Yours Truly: The Verbatim Transcript. . .

This is a verbatim transcript of the complaint to the SPVM aka Service de Police de la Ville de Montréal that Montreal Unitarian clergy abuse cover-up enabler, and Valérie Plante's "less than ethical" Deputy Mayor, Sue Montgomery filed against Yours Truly on December 5th, 2017. I have added emphasis to some of the words in it and I have "annotated" the transcript with links to pertinent internet postings:

This is a complaint of harassment against Robin Edgar (RE), who has been bothering me for the past 15 years approximately. I have tried to file a complaint about him before but police told me that because he wasn't threatening me, there was nothing I could do. About 25 years ago, Robin Edgar was kicked out of the Unitarian Church of Montreal at the corner of de Maisonneuve and Claremont. At the time he had an "epiphany" about the solar eclipse and wanted everyone in the church to believe the same thing as him. He became aggressive and the congregation voted to have him removed. Since about 1998 he has been protesting in front of the church with signs, writing with chalk on the sidewalk and pĥotographing people going into church. Soon after I joined the church and RE wanted me to report on his situation because I was a reporter at The Gazette. I looked into and concluded it wasn't a news story. Every time I went to church RE would accost me wanting me to write about him. I became the justice reporter at The Gazette and RE upped his game, showing up at news conferences where I was working and recording me without my knowledge. This can be found on his YouTube channel. The most recent video was posted Dec. 5, 2017 at about 1:39pm and shot at the corner of Marlowe and de Maisonneuve. I saw RE this morning at this corner on my way to Vendome metro. He told me to "make penance" and that he would be at the next municipal council meeting and I should answer his question. I ignored him but decided to finally file another police complaint with police because I have had enough of this man.

In 2014, I created the hashtag #BeenRapedNeverReported and RE changed his message about me. He made posters alleging I was complicit in covering up childhood sexual abuse at the Unitarian Church. His Twitter feed is full of these allegations about me (@RobinEdgar) I have blocked him. On Dec 6, 2014 I held a fundraiser at La Tulippe (sic) in the Plateau for the Montreal Sexual Assault Centre and RE protested outside. I called police and asked them to send someone. They sent a commander from Station 38 (?) He tried to mediate something with RE and me but concluded there was nothing he could do. Prior to this The Gazette's lawyer also sent a cease and desist letter to him. This just made him even more obsessed with me.

In about 2007 or 2008, the Unitarian Church managed to get an 810 (Emerson Avenger's note: i.e. a restraining order) against RE for one year. He respected it but returned immediately. I participated in the process of getting the 810.

This year I ran with Projet Montreal as mayor of CDN NDG. RE showed up at our debate at the NDG Community Centre. He had his signs outside and made a video Inside, he sat in the front row and filmed me. I asked him to stop. He refused. Finally organizers intervened to stop him after women in the audience said they felt unsafe.

Once during the campaign, I had an early morning radio debate from Café Caravan in Cote des Neiges. I showed up by taxi at 6 a.m. and RE was waiting outside the café with his signs. He said "The tougher the cookie the harder the crumble." I didn't respond.

During our first municipal council meeting Nov. 27, 2017 RE asked a question of me: On a scale of 1 to 12 what is your level of integrity?" Mme Valerie Plante, the mayor of Montreal, answered him. She told him that he was harassing me and had to stop. She told him to go to the police if he had a problem with me.

I am afraid now because RE said at the election debate that he had recently moved into NDG. Today was the first time I saw him on my street. As a public figure I will be present at many public events and fear he will continue to harass me and show up to ask questions & film me. RE is about 50 years old, 5'6" slight build, whitish short beard, balding.

His blog is emersonavenger.blogspot.com and contains many articles about me. The Unitarian Church congregation is prepared to give testimony as well. The minister is Rev. Diane Rollert.

RE also protested in front of The Gazette after we sent him a cease and desist letter.

He also protested in front of the NDP Office on Sherbrooke St. W. in 2015 when I was running to be a candidate in Westmount NDG.

(I believe) While I was a reporter for The Gazette at the Montreal courthouse, RE showed up at many trials including Luka Magnotta's murder trial, posing as a journalist. He filmed me and asked me the same questions - when was I going to write about him or when was I going to sue him.

As he wrote on his blog, RE "underwent a profound revelatory experience of God which revealed that the total solar eclipse 'Eye of God' is a 'Sign in The Heavens' that symbolized God's divine omniscience." This happened in 1992. I believe RE had a break with reality. I'm afraid that this could escalate with time and today when I saw RE on my street I was afraid, I stood at the corner of de Maisonneuve and Marlowe waiting to cross the street as he stood behind me he said he wished he had his camera and that I should apologize and make penance. He said he'd see me at the next council meeting- and that I should answer his question. I was very shaken up by this - he sounded more aggressive than usual. He was laughing, sort of a mean laugh, mocking me.

Sue Montgomery


Is this the same Sue Montgomery who told Montreal voters that she is a "tough cookie" who "isn't afraid of anyone" during the Montreal municipal election campaign?

Is this the same Sue Montgomery who told Montreal voters, "Je suis forte. Je ne suis intimidée par personne", during the Montreal municipal election campaign?

Sue "Tough Cookie" Montgomery is "afraid" and "very shaken up" by the fact that Yours Truly said Sue should apologize for UNethically arranging to have The Gazette's media lawyer Mark Bantey falsely accuse me of making "libellous statements" about her in an effort to silence my public criticism of, and my peaceful public protest against, Sue's past and indeed ongoing. . . complicity in Unitarian Universalist clergy abuse cover-up efforts?

Sue "Je ne suis intimidée par personne" Montgomery is "afraid" and "very shaken up" by the fact that Yours Truly said that I would see her at the December Montreal city council meeting - and that she should answer my question(s) instead of hiding behind the skirts of François Limoges and Valérie Plante?



Comments