Montreal Unitarians And Unitarian Universalist White Supremacy - What's The Connection?

How about this "less than stellar" 2 star review of the Unitarian "Church" of Montreal on Google?

ERW

This place seems very accessible to anyone. On the paper (well internet) it sounded a perfect place for me. So i gave it a few try. They usually have nice music, well intended messages, nice decoration and airy building. It was not bad but I felt something was wrong/missing. I felt invisible. Then one day i took a white friend along. Voila. in 5 min several people were addressing him on the first name basis. Me? not so, it was 5th-6th visit for me and still no one would even talk to me yet to remember my name. Even on that day. well, except that gentle old lady. That is the only super nice thing i remember about this place. I did not go there again.

Dear ERW, I want to thank you for your feedback. It’s important for us to know. I’m very sorry about your experience. If you would ever like to talk about it, I would really welcome a conversation with you - Rev. Diane Rollert




When I was attending the Unitarian "Church" of Montreal in the mid-1990s it was a predominantly White "church", with just a few "People of Colour" as members. This is not the first time that I have heard about racism on the part of Montreal Unitarians, and I personally witnessed overt anti-Muslim bigotry on the part of one of the intolerant "Fundamentalist Atheist" Montreal Unitarians when I was still a member in 1994.

Comments