Two Police Officers From SPVM Poste De Quartier 9 Intervened In My Protest Outside The Unitarian "Church" Of Montreal Today

Two male police officers from Service de police de la Ville de Montréal poste de quartier 9 aka SPVM PDQ 9 intervened in my peaceful public protest against Unitarian Universalist clergy abuse, and other U*U injustices, abuses, and hypocrisy, outside the Unitarian "Church" Of Montreal this morning. As I thought might have happened, *someone* from the Unitarian "Church" of Montreal had called in a complaint to the SPVM, even though all court conditions prohibiting me from being near the Unitarian "Church" of Montreal had been expunged when Superior Court judge Myriam Lachance quashed Quebec Court "Hanging Judge" Dennis Galiatsatos' unjust conviction for alleged breach of conditions a month ago today on September 17, 2021, and acquitted me. In addition to this successful appeal of my breach of conditions conviction in Superior Court being uploaded to the Canlii website, and my acquittal also being reported in The Gazette on September 17th (published on page 2 of the Saturday September 18th print edition of The Gazette), the two police officers from PDQ 9 were completely unaware of my acquittal, and were thus under the impression that I was still subject to, and in breach of. . . the court conditions imposed by Québec Court judge Dennis Galiatsatos in the sentence he rendered on August 19 2019. According to the police officer who did most of the talking, SPVM PDQ 9 still had judge Galiatsatos' sentence on record, and no record that my breach of conditions conviction had recently been quashed by Québec Superior Court.

Both SPVM police officers were polite, professional, respectful, and even gentlemanly throughout this police intervention. I have no complaints whatsoever about their conduct, and I would even commend their respectful and professional conduct as being quite exemplary. Unfortunately, their intervention was not fully recorded by my "body cam", because it seems that I accidentally loaded a depleted battery into the camera just before the police intervention, instead of loading a fresh fully charged spare battery as I had intended to do. I would have preferred to have this whole police intervention documented on video from start to finish because, in addition to documenting everything that was said, it would have documented what I consider to be exemplary conduct on the part of these two SPVM officers.

We discussed the situation in a calm and reasonable manner for several minutes and, in the end, the police officer who did most of the talking told me that he would be obliged write up a police report for alleged breach of conditions, and submit it to Crown prosecutors. He told me that he would not arrest me, but that I should not return to the Unitarian "Church" of Montreal until the situation was resolved. I had made it clear during our discussion that I had informed PDQ 9 of my acquittal in a phone call prior to resuming my protest on Sunday September 19th, but it seems no one got the memo. . . I said that I would do what is necessary to prove that I was acquitted of the breach of conditions conviction, and that I would call my lawyer on Monday toward that end. Because it was past 11am, and I had successfully protested for well over half an hour, I informed the two police officers that I would call it a day and end the protest, but I will certainly be taking steps to ensure that I can protest outside the Unitarian "Church" of Montreal next Sunday, and well into the future. . . during the upcoming week.

One amusing part of our conversation, which I wish had been recorded, was that when I told the less talkative police officer that my acquittal had been reported in The Gazette, and was about to try to find that report on the internet using my cellphone to prove it to him, he responded that he would not rely on a report in The Gazette to prove that I was acquitted. I guess he has about as high a regard for the reliability of information published by The Gazette as I do. . .



Comments