Straight From The Horse's. . . Philocrites Speaks Out About U*U Demonization Of The "Other". . .

For Unitarian Universalists, the danger here is that when we allow our fear of others to overwhelm our interest in understanding them, we begin to demonize them, losing sight not only of their kinship with us but also misinterpreting the nature of our disagreements with them. There are important theological and political disagreements between theological liberals and theological traditionalists, of course, but secularist alarmists are not our best guides to these disagreements.

Comments

indrax said…
* I have a goal in this matter, that goal is unlikely to change anytime soon. You do not get to decide how I work towards this goal.
* I have decided to help you, All of the 'adversarial' tactics you object to are intended to either build your case that you were wronged, or to prepare you to actually talk to the UCM. (or anyone, really.)
* I have refrained from saying or asking a great many things that I would if my strategy were to discredit you.
* You have said and done a great many things that offend me.
* I am, as far as I know, the only person, UU or otherwise, who offers any active role seeking to resolve this.

Keeping all this in mind, do you want my help, or not?