Yet Another Unitarian*Universalist Rejection Of A Very Reasonable Suggestion. . .

It seems that some very reasonable suggestions are more equal than others in the U*U World. Here is the comment aka very reasonable suggestion that Rev. Kit Ketchum aka Ms. Kitty rejected on the Dilemna of a Part-Time Minister thread on her Ms. Kitty's Saloon and Road Show blog after acknowledging that the initial comment that I had submitted was "a very reasonable suggestion" -

"That means that I work far more hours than the 60 I'm paid for."

May I presume that that is 60 hours per month? If it's per week I would say that you are very overworked. ;-)

For the record most of the suggestions that I make are very reasonable ones Rev. Ketchum. It is quite regrettable that so many U*Us have obstinately ignored my reasonable suggestions and have even unjustly punished me for making them. I seem to recall very reasonably suggesting that a certain intolerant and abusive "Humanist" U*U minister should retract the extremely insulting and more than a little bit defamatory comments that he made about me only to have him obstinately refuse to do so, the UUA's ever so aptly named Ministerial Fellowship Committee pretend that his insulting and defamatory clergy misconduct was "within the appropriate guidelines of ministerial leadership", and ultimately to be thrown out of my U*U "church" for reasonably suggesting that the Board and congregation should do something to persuade their intolerant and abusive minister to retract, and adequately apologize for, his "insulting and defamatory language" or subject him to genuine accountability for continuing to refuse to do so. I am actually chock full of very reasonable suggestions for U*Us that U*Us prefer to ignore and dismiss or even censor and suppress. . .

I dare say that proposing World Day of Conscience is a very reasonable suggestion for how human beings might respond to the "Eye of God" symbolism that is clearly manifested during total solar eclipses, but you and a whole lot of other U*Us don't seem to think that World Day of Conscience is a very good idea. Indeed UUA President Bill Sinkford ignored and dismissed my invitation to participate in World Day of Conscience to say nothing of some of my other very reasonable suggestions arising from what he once referred to as my "obviously deep concerns". I won't even mention what that unmentionable minister, and other intolerant and abusive Atheist Supremacist "Humanist" U*Us, thought about my original suggestion for how human beings might respond to the profound symbolism of total solar eclipses with an inter-religious celebration of Creation.

I find it most regrettable that U*Us, including U*U clergy and UUA administrators, have repeatedly ignored or rejected most of my very reasonable suggestions. I mean I thought that it was a very reasonable suggestion to propose that Rev. Diane Rollert should enter into dialogue with me in order to try to resolve our little conflict and she responded to that reasonable suggestion by seeking a restraining order against me that only serves to extend our little war of words by a few more years. . . I actually have quite a number of very reasonable suggestions that could significantly benefit the U*U World that I have held back from suggesting as a result of the state of conflict that we are in, and I will not be making those very reasonable suggestions until U*Us in positions of responsibility at the UUA and a certain unmentionable U*U "church" start responding to my existing very reasonable suggestions in a reasonable manner.

Comments

Chalicechick said…
Sometime I'd be really interested to know how World Day of Conscience would differ from Yom Kippur.

My guess is that the UUs interested in a day of atonement would already be celebrating that as they both have essentially the same focus.

Indeed, in September 2015, your day of atonement and the Jewish day of atonement that has been celebrated for thousands of years will be celebrated on the same day, even, as there is supposed to be an eclipse on Yom Kippur.

CC
Robin Edgar said…
Sorry to be rather slow to respond to this CC. I began writing a response but got distracted by other more important matters. Hopefully I will post my response before next week. Feel free to remind me if I do not. OTOH most the differences between World Day of Conscience and Yom Kippur are what are known as "no-brainers" that most people can easily figure out for themselves hence the rather low priority I have given to responding here and on the WDC blog.