UUA President Peter Morales Says That Fear And Misinformation Have Stood In The Way Of Justice

Rev. Peter Morales was referring to the democratic vote by "the people of Maine" to "withhold the right of equal marriage from same-sex couples" in an official UUA statement titled UUA President Issues Statement on Maine Marriage Equality Defeat but it is clear from his public statement that the principle has a much broader application. In fact "fear and misinformation" have stood in the way of justice for myself and other victims of clergy misconduct of various kinds for decades now. I can even go so far as to say that, at least in my own well-documented case, it would appear that some outright paranoia on the part of *some* U*Us, as well as "misinformation" that in some cases can be reasonably described as being outright slander and libel, are the proverbial "root cause" of the injustices and abuses that I have been seeking some restorative justice for for over a decade now.

I have been meaning to directly contact UUA President Peter Morales to seek redress and restorative justice for myself and other victims of U*U clergy misconduct for some months now. I had intended to give Rev. Morales about three months to settle in as UUA President before contacting him, but I am now a month or more behind schedule thanks to various distractions that occurred in September and October. In light of a number of potentially useful public statements that President Morales made in September and October I am glad that I did not contact him sooner since he has made several pertinent statements that I can remind him of when I do finally contact him.

I had in fact intended to emphasize the harmful fear-mongering aspect of Rev. Ray Drennan's false and malicious labeling of me as "psychotic" and Creation Day as a "cult", as well as other paranoid fear-mongering perpetrated by some U*U ministers, such as the deeply insecure (if not outright paranoid) Rev. Diane Rollert's highly questionable decision to seek a restraining order against me in response to my seeking dialogue with her a couple of years ago, to say nothing of the cowardly anonymous libeling of me as "a dangerously deranged psycho/sociopath" by the late Rev. Dr. Timothy W. Jensen in my letter to President Morales. So UUA President Morales' recent public statement about how "fear and misinformation have stood in the way of justice" in the past is a very welcome development indeed.

Comments