Is The Standing On The Side Of Love Campaign Standing On The Side Of Love For The Emerson Avenger?

It seems that the UUA's Standing On The Side Of Love Campaign may indeed be standing on the side of love for your's truly in that they have posted a couple of my critical comments to the Standing On The Side Of Love Campaign blog within the last month or so. . . The moderators of the Standing On The Side Of Love blog and Facebook page have censored and suppressed a number of my critical comments in the past although, to be fair aka stand on the side of *equity*, I should make it clear that moderators of the Standing On The Side Of Love campaign's blog and Facebook page have previously published *some* of my critical comments that expose and denounce diverse U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. The fact remains however that when the "moderators" aka censors of the Standing On The Side Of Love Campaign blog and-or Facebook page do censor and suppress my critical comments they are standing on the side of a form of oppression, and they are effectively standing on the side of those Unitarian Universalists aka U*Us who are guilty of engaging in various "acts of exclusion, oppression, or violence", some of which are "acts motivated by fear and hate", acts that the Standing On The Side Of Love campaign claims to stand against. . .

Here is the most recent comment that was posted in response to the SSL blog post en*titled 'Facing hatred with civility and compassion at Texas A&M' along with an as yet unpublished follow-up comment that I submitted just before writing this blog post -

One Response to “Facing hatred with civility and compassion at Texas A&M”

  1. Robin Edgar says:

    “we gave silent witness that we UUs stand against bigotry and intolerance, and stand on the side of love.”

    May I suggest that the Standing On The Side Of Love campaign needs to give some less than silent witness, i.e. some vocal and publicly visible witness. . . that you stand against the various forms of bigotry and intolerance that “less than perfect” Unitarian Universalists engage in?

    You can start by not censoring and suppressing this critical comment as you have censored and suppressed many if not most of my previous critical comments.

    Thank you,

    Robin Edgar

  2. Your comment is awaiting moderation.

    Thank you for not suppressing the above comment.

    Let’s hope that it is a sign that the Standing On The Side Of Love campaign will remain open to comments that point out that Unitarian Universalists need to visibly stand on the side of love for people who are victims of diverse injustices and abuses that are perpetrated by Unitarian Universalists themselves. This includes, but is not limited to, clergy misconduct victims who are amongst the most abused and victimized people within the UU religious community. I myself have been subjected to anti-religious intolerance and bigotry by Unitarian Universalists, including an intolerant and abusive “fundamentalist atheist” UU minister, and I have seen plenty of evidence of anti-Christian and broader anti-religious intolerance and bigotry, including anti-pagan bigotry and anti-Muslim bigotry, occurring throughout the UU World.

    Perhaps Unitarian Universalists need to responsibly acknowledge and condemn the intolerance and bigotry that occurs *within* the UU World before making a big public show of pointing the finger at the intolerance and bigotry that exists in the rest of the world if they don’t want to risk being perceived as hypocrites.

Comments

Unknown said…
"...some off-topic SPAM comments may be relegated to the U*U Hole."

And by "Off topic" you mean "critical of Ed."

How can you denounce the evils of deleting off-topic and hateful comments by someone shows no interest in standing with or for anything but their own hurt feelings?
Robin Edgar said…
ROTFLMU*UO!

Who do you think you are I Am?

God aka YHWH?

:"...some off-topic SPAM comments may be relegated to the U*U Hole."

:And by "Off topic" you mean "critical of Ed."

Nope by "off topic" I mean well and truly off topic, regardless of whether or not the comment is critical of your's truly. There are plenty of comments that that are critical of me that have not been relegated to the U*U Hole. In fact it was one particularly egregious U*U SPAMMER who caused me to create the U*U Hole a while back, in part as a lesson teaching exercise, and, as anyone can see, no comment has been sent to the U*U Hole in quite some time.

:How can you denounce the evils of deleting off-topic and hateful comments by someone shows no interest in standing with or for anything but their own hurt feelings?

This is a rather garbled question I Am but I will answer it by saying that I am not in fact denouncing the deleting of completely off-topic comments, nor indeed hateful ones. I am all for allowing such comments to be seen which is why I have not actually deleted a single off-topic or indeed hateful comment that has been posted to this blog by hate-filled Unitarian*Universalists. . . I have simply moved *some* completely off-topic comments to another section of this blog and have always notified people of the moving off off-topic comments to the U*U Hole in the comment thread that they were originally submitted to.

I can assure you that I stand with and for, to say nothing of "on the side of". . . plenty of things besides my own "hurt feelings". In fact "hurt feelings" have very little to do with my ongoing protest against diverse U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. That should be obvious from the fact that a good number of the injustices and abuses and Big Fat U*U Hypocrisies that I expose and denounce here have virtually nothing to do with me personally. I doubt very much that an apparently well respected senior Unitarian*Universalist minister would describe my "alternative spiritual practice" of protesting against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy as "prophetic work" if they felt that it was only about my own "hurt feelings".

Right?

Thank you for posting this fine example of DIM Thinking I Am.