Unitarian Universalist Inaction & Complacency Towards Clergy Misconduct aka Clergy Abuse Is A Form Of Violence. . .

But don't take *my* word for it U*Us. . .

Take the word of Crystal St. Marie Lewis as posted to her very timely

LET’S NOT “AGREE TO DISAGREE” blog post.

Here are some pertinent snippets from it. . .

"I explained that in my opinion, there are times when justice requires us to stop “agreeing to disagree”. Inaction and complacency can in themselves become forms of violence. My comments seemed to make the students uncomfortable. . ."

"The phrase “agree-to-disagree” implies that both positions (for and against) have merit– but in the case of civil rights, I don’t believe that’s possible. I simply do not believe that a person’s right to oppress is as valid as the rights of those experiencing the oppression. And I think we become complicit in oppression when we buy into the myth of the oppressor’s rights."

"“Agreeing to disagree” is not the helpful or peaceful thing to do in a situation where oppression is the problem. The helpful and peaceful thing to do is to call oppression what it is: Bigotry. Socially violent. Absolutely and totally wrong."

Without further ado, but with one typo corrected, here is the comment that I just successfully posted in response to Crystal St. Marie Lewis words -

"I explained that in my opinion, there are times when justice requires us to stop “agreeing to disagree”. Inaction and complacency can in themselves become forms of violence."

Then I guess you will just have to agree that the inaction and complacency towards clergy misconduct of all kinds on the part of the Peter Morales UUA administration (to say nothing of previous UUA administrations) and the UUA Board of Trustees is a form of violence. . .



Comments