New Year Resolutions 2013

Take steps to ensure that the Unitarian Universalist Association as an institution, and those UUA leaders and UUA staff that are most responsible for hiring Stikeman Elliott Barristers & Solicitors litigation lawyer Maitre Marc-André Coulombe to have me served me the cease and desist demand letter that I received in June of 2012 face real accountability for the highly misleading, and even outright false, accusations that the UUA and two "less than perfect" female U*U ministers brought against me in that legal document.

Take steps to ensure that Stikeman Elliott Barristers & Solicitors litigation lawyer Maitre Marc-André Coulombe faces accountability for the highly misleading, and even outright false, allegations that he made against me on behalf of the UUA and two U*U ministers in his cease and desist demand letter that I received in June 2012.

Protest against the UUA's shameful legal intimidation aka legal bullying outside of the downtown Montreal offices of Stikeman Elliott Barristers & Solicitors.

Blog about at least two other well documented cases of Unitarian Universalist clergy or U*U Religious Educators who have actually been charged with, and convicted of, engaging in the despicable crime known as pedophilia. 

Attend and-or publicly protest outside one or more UUA Board of Trustees meetings in 2013. Ideally I will attend the April 2013 Board meeting, which will mark the 3rd anniversary of my April 2010 Board of Trustees protest, to follow up on the serious concerns about systemic injustices in the MFC Rules and other UUA clergy misconduct policies and procedures that I shared with the UUA Board of Trustees and representatives the Rev. Peter Morales UUA administration almost three years ago now.

Officially celebrate the 15th Anniversary of my "alternative spiritual practice" aka "prophetic work" of engaging in peaceful public protest aka non-violent direct action against Unitarian Universalist injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal in mid-May or early June of this year.

Continue to demand that the UUA must provide real and tangible restorative justice for ALL victims of ALL forms of U*U clergy misconduct aka clergy abuse. More later. . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy new year to you Robin!

I am a little worried about your resolution to picket Stikeman Elliott's offices.

I don't think that you can come to real harm by picketing the UU church. However, I would worry about getting on the wrong side of high-powered lawyers. If you make it personal, they might really try to shut you down (without the UUA having to pay for it either). I'm urging caution.

Maybe, if you do this, it would probably be safest to use signs that don't directly implicate Stikeman Elliott (e.g., 'Cult is a four letter word').

I just worry about you taking on too big a foe!

-L
Robin Edgar said…
Happy New Year 'L'!

I am not at all worried about "taking on" Stikeman Elliott for its participation in the UUA's legal bullying. In fact I did a few impromptu protests outside of Stikeman Elliott's Montreal offices within a few weeks of receiving the ludicrous cease and desist demand letter that Marc-André Coulombe had me served with last June. AFA*I*AC this matter already is "personal" to some degree. Maitre Coulombe has behaved in an arrogant and aggressive manner and has yet to withdraw accusations that he brought against me on behalf of the UUA that are patently false. I can't imagine that he is very happy with how I have responded to his arrogant demands.

Stikeman Elliott can try to shut me down if they want. Doing so will not reflect very well on them as a law firm. They already have plenty of egg on their face AFA*I*AC, and stand to have plenty more egg on their face before the year is out. . .



Anonymous said…
Okay, if you are up for it!

What kinds of messages would you consider writing on the signs?

~Lucy
Robin Edgar said…
I am definitely up for it. The UUA and Stikeman Elliot rather foolishly provided a prime downtown Montréal location for me to publicly protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy during business hours, including "rush hour". . . Doh!

I have already made some print outs that can be enlarged with a photocopier to be attached to my plastic picket signs. I would be displaying slogans such as -

STIKEMAN ELLIOT LEGAL BULLYING SUCKS U*U

STIKEMAN ELLIOT ARROGANCE & INCOMPETENCE SUCK U*U

BLASPHEMOUS LIBEL MY U*U

I have some other slogans directly targeting the questionable conduct of Stikeman Elliot Barristers & Solicitors in mind but have yet to commit to paper and some that I probably won't use in any case.

I tried to make the blow-ups of the print out before Christmas but the photocopy machines available were not providing adequate results, so I let it ride over the holidays.
Anonymous said…
You're a brave man, Robin :-)

The third is unlikely to land you in any trouble, but the first two are more provocative because they directly use the name of the law firm.

That said, there wouldn't be much sense in street protesting if the average passerby didn't know who you were protesting against.

Good luck out there!
Robin Edgar said…
The name of the law firm, and the "less than perfect" Stikeman Elliot attorney in question, appears on my blog posts which are very public and more permanent than any outdoor protest action. If Stikeman Elliot want to come after me for telling the Truth about their foolish and inept attempt at legal intimidation they are most welcome to do so. The whole point of any such protest will be to dissuade such legal bullying and attract media attention to the UUA's support of abusive clergy.







Robin Edgar said…
It seems that I have now repeatedly misspelled Stikeman Elliott.

Can't win them all. . . ;-)



Anonymous said…
Yeah, good point about the blog!

It would be awesome if you could get your posts into the 1st page of a google search on their name :-)
Robin Edgar said…
Maybe you should engage in a free and (ir)responsible Google search for the names in question now. . . ;-)

It's really not that difficult.











Anonymous said…
I checked it before I posted that comment. I didn't get anything related to the case on the 1st search page.

That said, google search results are tailored to the individual according to their search history, etc, so you and I likely wouldn't get the same results.

I hadn't considered that issue before in relation to the matter.