UUA President Susan Frederick-Gray Gets An Electronic Communication Courtesy Of The Emerson Avenger

In the form of this comment that I just posted in response to Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray's Facebook post about being elected as the first elected woman president of the Unitarian Universalist Association:

Congratulations Susan.

I too appreciate the way you, Rev. Alison Miller, and Rev. Jeanne Pupke kept to the high ground during the 2017 UUA presidential election campaign. I also appreciated what all three of you said in your "CONVERSATIONS in the spirit of Elizabeth Palmer Peabody and Margaret Fuller Ossily" interviews with Rev. Deborah Pope-Lance and Rev. Gail Seavey which are available to be viewed on YouTube. I don't have "high hopes" for your presidency, because having "high hopes" in UUA leadership is less than well advised in my experience and observation. I do however have cautious and I believe quite reasonable hopes for your presidency, especially with regards to what you will do to reform the UUA's policies and procedures for handling all forms of clergy misconduct, both sexual misconduct and non-sexual forms of clergy misconduct, and what you will do to provide genuine "justice, equity, and compassion" to not only recent victims of UU clergy misconduct, but victims of "historic" clergy misconduct whose misconduct complaints were mishandled by past UUA administrations.

Sincerely,

Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger

P.S. One of my hopes is that you will refrain from deleting aka memory holing this comment. Please don't disappoint me.




Comments