How Unitarian Universalists Affirm And Promote Abusive Clergy - A U*UTube Video Explaining The Emerson Avenger's UNSAFE SECT? Picket Sign Slogan
This U*UTube video, shot on Sunday February 5th 2012 in front of the Unitarian Church Of Montreal aka The Church Of The Tarnished Image, does a pretty good job of explaining how Unitarian Universalists "affirm" and quite literally "promote" abusive UU clergy.
My UNSAFE SECT? picket sign slogan is accompanied by a second complementary and explanatory picket sign slogan saying -
UNITARIANS AFFIRM & PROMOTE ABUSIVE CLERGY
Not that the "tiny, declining, fringe religion" aka sect known as Unitarian Universalism is not "less than safe" aka unsafe according to its own definitions of congregational safety, as presented in the UUA's 'Safe Congregation Handbook' in a variety of other ways. . .
and survivors of UU clergy misconduct and clergy abuse outside
of UUA corporate headquarters at 25 Beacon Street in Boston
following the April 2010 UUA Board of Trustees meetings.
The UUA, and implicated Unitarian Universalist congregations, do in fact *affirm* abusive UU ministers by knowingly and willfully whitewashing them and pretending that they have done nothing wrong, even going so far as to all but officially endorse the intolerant and/or abusive behaviour of "less than perfect" UU ministers. . . The UUA & MFC quite literally promote abusive UU clergy in at least two meanings of the word "promote" as per the dictionary definition reproduced below. Abusive UU clergy are promoted by being advanced in rank to more prominent positions and roles within the ranks of Unitarian Universalist ministry and UUA leadership. For *example* Rev. Ray Drennan was *promoted* to the position of serving on one of the Regional Sub-Committees On Candidacy of the UUA's ever so aptly named Ministerial *Fellowship* Committee some years after my clergy misconduct complaint arising from his anti-religious intolerance and bigotry was dismissed out of hand by former UUA President *the* Reverend Doctor John "A. for AssHat" Buehrens and the Executive Secretary of the MFC Rev. Diane Miller.
Abusive UU ministers are also promoted in terms of "advertising" and publicity provided to them by the UUA, such as having glowing articles about them being published in the UU World magazine and blog etc.
The following definitions of the words "affirm" and "promote" come courtesy of Dictionary.com -
verb (used with object)
1. to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
2. to confirm or ratify: The appellate court affirmed the judgment of the lower court.
3. to assert solemnly: He affirmed his innocence.
4. to express agreement with or commitment to; uphold; support: to affirm human rights.
verb (used with object), -mot·ed, -mot·ing.
1. to help or encourage to exist or flourish; further: to promote world peace.
2. to advance in rank, dignity, position, etc. ( opposed to demote).
3. Education . to put ahead to the next higher stage or grade of a course or series of classes.
4. to aid in organizing (business undertakings).
5. to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of (a product), especially through advertising or other publicity.