Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell And Unitarian Universalist Sexual Slavery - What's The Connection?

Can U*Us say Phuni aka Phuntsock Meston?

I only just came across this article headlined 'Winchester shop puts focus on karma, crafts and connectivity' which was published in August 2015 today. I ran a Google search on - Mack Mitchell Tibetan - and it was in the search results. In this article we are told that Phuntsock Meston was only 14 years old when Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell took her away from her family of Tibetan refugees in India to be his live-in sex slave. Most other news reports that I have read report that Phuntsock was 16 when this occurred. Either way, 14 or 16, Phuntsock Meston was a minor aka child when Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell began raping her repeatedly over a time span measured in years. So how was it possible for corpse-cold Unitarian UUA Moderator Jim Key aka Risk Management Consultant James "See No Evil" Key to say:

"There were NO incidents of abuse of children or elders in my investigations."


in the "less than honest", and thus utterly worthless, UUA Board official apology to victims-survivors of Unitarian Universalist clergy sexual misconduct aka clergy sex abuse that Jim Key inappropriately sandwiched into the middle of his first Moderator's Report to a General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association aka UUA GA in 2014?

Not that there aren't other Unitarian Universalist ministers who have been charged, tried, and convicted of what the UUA's Canadian attorney describes as "such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape". . .


Life was difficult. Everyone was looking for work, Meston said. And when an older sister returned to the settlement with news that she had met an American Unitarian minister who was helping local children escape poverty and receive an education in the U.S., he was welcomed.

“Nomadic people are all heart and soul,” Meston said. “They are very trusting. You don’t say what you don’t mean. They are trusting and kind and believe in the goodness in every human being.”
The minister “did a good job convincing my family that I was a smart little girl wasting herself in a refugee camp where school only went up to 10th grade,” Meston said. “He was sent to save us, this man of God. They were honored by his visit. If he said he saves little girls, they took him at his word.”

Meston was 14 when she was sent off to the United States with the minister, Mack W. Mitchell, who imprisoned her in his farmhouse in Northborough and sexually abused her for five years. During that time, she attended his church and went to high school.

Her mother died without ever knowing what had happened to her daughter.

When Mitchell brought home two more girls from her village, Meston, who by then had met her husband Daja, summoned the courage to testify against him. According to a 2005 article in the Metro West Daily News, Mitchell was convicted of two counts each of rape, unnatural rape, and indecent assault and battery in 1992 and sentenced to 10 to 20 years in state prison. Meston said he only served three years of the sentence, in part because she was the only one of the three willing to testify.
After the trial, Meston began attending classes at Brandeis University in Waltham, where she pursued a degree in women’s studies.

“Everything took off,” she said. “I got a vocabulary to talk about my experiences. I was a sponge. I loved it so much.”

She appeared on the Oprah Winfrey program in 2005 to speak on the topic of sexual slavery. It was important, she felt, to not be seen as a victim.

“I wanted to give voice for those still suffering, who don’t have time to do the work of healing,” she said. “To give empowerment to survivors and to highlight the issue of labor and sexual trafficking in the West.”

Comments

Anonymous said…
Where is Mack Mitchell now?
Robin Edgar said…
I don't know. I have not made any concerted effort to try to find him.
Anonymous said…
What does he look like? I think I know where he is, I just want to be sure.
Robin Edgar said…
I don't know what Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell looks like. I have never seen a photo of him. Do you mind if I ask where you believe he is?
Anonymous said…
I think he's on Martha's Vineyard in Edgartown. There's a man with the same name who's the right age who runs a property management company called Martha's Real Estate Management. I'm trying to figure out if it's him.
Robin Edgar said…
There are some other people named Mack Mitchell. I would expect former Unitarian Universalist minister Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell to be quite old now if he is still alive.

According to this UPI report Rev. Mack Mitchell was 56 years old in 1992:

Mitchell, 56, who resigned from the ministry in January after 35 years, was found guilty on six accounts of rape and indecent assault on the victim in 1985 and '86. He was acquitted on 17 other counts involving alleged attacks between 1987 and 1991.

Source: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1992/05/14/Minister-convicted-of-rape/9164705816000/

This would put him in his mid-80s today.

Feel free to phone up your Mack Mitchell and ask him if he's a former Unitarian Universalist minister. I might do so myself. . .

Thanks for that tip
Anonymous said…
The Mack I know is 85. I did a quick background check on him and found one of his addresses match the ones I've read about. I'm waiting to find a picture of him to compare with before I confront him.
Robin Edgar said…
It does sound like this is probably *the* Mack Mitchell who was formerly a "less than perfect" Unitarian Universalist minister.

If it is your intention to confront Mack Mitchell, I will not try to contact him before you have done so.

Feel free to inform Mack The Knave that the Unitarian Universalist Association ignominiously terminated a centuries old Unitarian*Universalist tradition of opposing blasphemy laws by falsely accused me of violating Canada's blasphemy law in a #BatShitCrazy attempt to intimidating me into "memory holing" The Emerson Avenger blog posts that told the readily verifiable Truth about Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell's sexual exploitation, indeed forcible rape, of at least one vulnerable teenage Tibetan refugee.

http://emersonavenger.blogspot.com/2014/02/blasphemy-law-blasphemous-libel-misuse.html
Robin Edgar said…
Having done some online searching of my own now, I would say that the Mack Mitchell who owns Martha's Management Real Estate Rentals & Services in Edgartown, Massachusetts, is indeed the former Unitarian Universalist minister Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell who was charged, tried, and convicted of repeatedly raping the teenage Tibetan refugee who he lured away from her family in India with promises of "a better life in America". Thank you for bringing his current location to my attention. I will try to communicate with Mack after you have confronted him yourself. Please keep me informed of how that goes.
Unknown said…
Hey Robin, I emailed you privately but have emailed him subsequently, asking him 1. A question about his work and 2. If he ever lived in Northborough as a Reverend. He answered the first question at length but ignored the second question. Like if someone asked me if I ever lived on 123 Ass Street I would answer them and not leave it open. But maybe not if I had something to hide. I'd love to hear about you contacting him as well, to see what happens. My personal belief is that sex offenders should not be released back into society but if they are, everyone should know who they are and where they live. Megan's Law, basically. He committed his crimes before that law and has lived in relative obscurity since then. I know he's still in the reverend bag because he has a twitter account where he's spouting Genesis this and that.
Robin Edgar said…
Thanks for that new info.

If you provide your Mack Mitchell's Twitter account address, I will have a look at it.

I am very active on Twitter.

See: https://twitter.com/RobinEdgar
Chumgrinder said…
30 years ago, Mack Mitchell was about 5'8", 5'9", full head of gray-white hair in a "half-Einstein," small pot belly but not "fat." My wife says if she saw a photo of him today, there's a good chance she would recognize him; at the very least she could say definitely if a photo was not him. We were his next-door neighbors on Crawford Street before and during his episode of notoriety. The man had also served two terms as a town selectman, and was quite respected... until the news hit. We never saw or met Phuni.
Robin Edgar said…
Thank you for that information Chumgrinder.

I was recently informed of Mack Wallace Mitchell's current situation by a few people who are concerned about his current questionable behaviour.

Phuni aka Phuntsok was the only victim who testified against Rev. Mack Mitchell, but it is my understanding that there were other victims.

I may be able to obtain a recent photo of Mack, but haven't tried all that hard yet.
August Meteors said…
It's quite plausible the guy on the Vineyard might be the Mitchell in question because that company was started, according to its website, in 1995--right around the time the reverend-rapist would have been released from jail. But more to the point, he'd already established property management as a sideline years before. (Or maybe being a reverend was the sideline?) When that case was in the news I lived and worked in Westborough, the town where one of his two churches was. One of my acquaintances at the time was renting from Mitchell.