Go Ahead. . . Make My Day U*Us. . . Go And Get The Proverbial "Other Side Of The Story"

Every now and then a U*U claims to want to know the proverbial "other side of the story". They usually limit it to Rev. Ray Drennan's side of the story, which in many ways is a rather small (albeit very significant) part of the proverbial "Big Picture". U*Us like to focus in on Rev. Ray Drennan when they find that they can't realistically pin the blame for this ludicrious war of words on the victim, after desperately trying to do so of course. . . When U*Us realize that I have valid serious grievances that arise from what Chalicechick recently referred to as Rev. Ray Drennan's "paranoid accusations" against me, they try to use him as a convenient scapegoat for all of the collusive sins and all of the complicit silence of the U*Us that have blamed the victim of these "paranoid accusations" for over a decade now. This too is most certainly U*U DIM Thinking that seeks to Deny, Ignore and Minimize the role of dozens and even hundreds, if not a few thousand. . . other U*Us in the conflict that was provoked by Rev. Drennan's "paranoid accusations" that Creation Day is a "cult" and that my revelatory religious experience was a "psychotic experience".

It should be obvious to U*Us of intelligence and conscience, to say nothing of other people of intelligence and conscience. . . that Rev. Ray Drennan did not single handedly throw me out of the Unitarian Church of Montreal for complaining about his "injurious and untrue" "insulting and defamatory" "paranoid accusations" about me that arose from his fundamentalist atheists anti-religious intolerance and bigotry. Dozens of U*Us aided him and abetted him in this classic act of DIM Thinking U*U "community denial" that makes the Unitarian Church of Montreal the "poster church" for U*U "community denial"; at least until an even worse example comes to light which hopefully won't happen. Who knows though? There may well be a U*U church that is an even worse example of DIM Thinking U*U "community denial" somewhere out there in the U*U World. Maybe even a small handful of them.

Rev. Ray Drennan's anti-religious intolerance and bigotry was rubber stamped by the UUA and the Ministerial Fellowship Committee under the directorships of both Rev. Diane Miller and Rev. David Hubner. Rev. Diane Miller, the Executive Director of the Ministerial Fellowship Committee even had the DIM Thinking unmitigated gall to state in writing that the Executive of the Ministerial Fellowship Committtee had found that Rev. Ray Drennan's intolerant, verbally and psychologically abusive, clergy misconduct, that effectively labeled me as "psychotic" and Creation Day as a "cult", "seemed to us (please note the use of the word "us". . .) to be within the appropriate guidelines of ministerial leadership." Hundreds of other U*U are aware of my grievances but prefer to spend their time and energy trying to discredit and deny my legitimate grievances in more DIM Thinking U*U "community denial", rather than spend the same or similar amount of time and energy (to say nothing of a little bit more. . .) living up to their claimed principles and ideals working towards a resolution of this ludicrous conflict that embodies the purported principles and purpose of U*Uism. Where might we be today if U*Us who have known about this conflict for several years now, to say nothing of those who have become aware of it more recently, had spent the same amount of time and energy that they have spent trying to undermine my ability to seek genuine justice, equity and compassion from U*Us on demanding that Montreal Unitarians and the Ministerial Fellowship Committee explain their actions, or indeed lack thereof. . . and demanding that U*Us finally
provide some real justice and accountability in this matter?

Over on the moribund U*U Debate section of Beliefnet allpoints23, who may be the same allpoints who posted some DIM Thinking commentary here recently used the old saw -

"I wan to hear the Reverend Ray's side of the story."

Here is my response to that question:

GodKnowsWho
10/28/2006 11:53 AM 11 out of 11

So do I. . .

I want to see if he is still lying about what he said. So why don't you go get his side of the story and post it here allpoints. I want to read it myself and point out any dissimulation and lies. You do realize that he offered a lame expedient apology about a year and a half after he attacked me don't you? He would now be rather hard pressed to deny having said what he actually said after having lamely apologized for it.

But this is by no means just about Rev. Ray Drennan allpoints. It is about the hundreds and even the thousands of other intolerant and abusive U*Us who are scattered throughout the U*U World and who turn many U*U congregations into distinctly "Unwelcoming Congregations" to Christians and conservatives, non-Christian theists like me and others, and plenty of other good people of intelligence and conscience. This conflict continues because the Board and congregation of the Unitarian Church of Montreal not only did nothing to responsibly redress my grievances but punished me for airing them by expelling me from the "church". The UUA's Department of Ministry effectively rubber stamped Rev. Ray Drennan's egregious anti-religious intolerance and bigotry by pretending that it was "within the guidelines of ministerial leadership" for Rev. Drennan to maliciously label Creation Day as "your cult" and to contemptuously dismiss my highly rational monotheistic beliefs about God as being nothing but "silliness and fantasy" arising from a "psychotic experience". . .

Hundreds of DIM Thinking U*Us are implicated in this matter either because they actively were similarly intolerant and abusive and/or participated in the victim blaming punitive measures that I was subjected to for complaining about Rev. Ray Drennan's, and a few other Montreal U*Us egregious anti-religious intolerance that arose out of their fundamentalist atheist "Humanist" beliefs. How many people do you know who want to go to a "church" where they may be confronted by obnoxious intolerant fundie atheist bigots who contemptuously dismiss their monotheistic religious beliefs allpoints? How many Christian oriented believers want to go to U*U "churches" where Christianity is repeatedly mocked? How many conservatives want to go to a "church" where they are treated as idiots and pariahs by leftist extremists or even the congregation as a whole allpoints? Sure there are a few good U*U churches here or there where this happens rarely. At least I would hope there are a few. . . But you and other U*Us know what I am talking about so don't be surprised if people choose not to attend U*U Unwelcoming Congegations on any given Sunday.

If you want to contact Drennan Google - Drennan and Bouctouche - and then take it from there. You will find him hiding out in the backwoods of New Brunswick to avoid facing accountability for his "paranoid accusations" and other abusive clergy misconduct. While you are at it why don't you contact the Unitarian Church of Montreal and ask their side of the story so we can discuss it here. Ditto for the UUA's Ministerial Fellowship Committee. email them. Ask what happened. Ask why they did nothing to hold Drennan accountable. Ask why I was thrown out of the church for writing letters and later for peacefully protesting against U*U injustices and abuses. Ask them to back any claims they make with documentary evidence like I do. . . I expect that you won't get very far allpoints because they screwed up badly and they know it. . .

Comments

indrax said…
Have you posted Drennan's apology letter? Is it still available somewhere?
Robin Edgar said…
The pertinent parts were definitely posted here and there and the whole text was posted a few places in the past, but all previously posted full copies or large chunks went down with my original web site that displayed the full text of pretty much all of the pertinent documents, or have been suppressed by U*U "memory hole" operators. . .

I consider Rev. Ray Drennan's sorry excuse for an apology to be a "record" of the Unitarian Church of Montreal that they should make available to any responsible U*U who requests a copy so feel free to email the UCM and ask them to send you a copy of it. Alternatively you could try the UUA and it's Ministerial Fellowship Committee who would presumably have acopy of it. I will repost it myself down the road a bit. The letter that I sent Rev. Drennan that prompted him to finally offer some kind of apology is on this blog as are the follow-up letters that rejected his sorry excuse or an apology and gave hin the opportunity to provide an apology that was acceptable rather than an insincere purely expedient apology that was a thinly veiled insult in and of itself.
indrax said…
It's too bad you can't be of more assistance in providing useful documentation in this case, but thanks anyway.

BTW: Your homestead sites seem to be down too, so I can't get much on your revelation.
Robin Edgar said…
Well if U*U "memory hole" operators hadn't deleted so many of my posts it just might still be available online indrax. . . Unfortunately when I transferred my old files to my new computer some files that I thought had been transferred got lost in the shuffle. I just discovred that I don't have the letters I exchanged with UUA President Rev. Dr. John Buehrens on this computer either. I had wanted to post them as an example of top level U*U meanness, arrogance and evasiveness in response to your accusations against me. I guess it will have to wait a few days or weeks.

If you can't find much on my revelation you're not really looking very hard indrax. My open letter to U*Us of 1997 is available online and says plenty. I do believe that you already quoted from it in the past. information about my revelation, including misleading half-truths and whole lies told about it by U*Us is all over the internet*.

Personally I think that it would be an interesting experiment to see just how forthcoming the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the UUA's Department of Ministry are with church records that are in their posession. You criticize me for not providing files that I just don't have readily available to me at the moment but I have provided plenty of others in the past. What have you got out of the UCM and UUA indrax or have you even tried? If you have made no effort yet to contact the UCM or UUA and asked for information I would have good reason to question your willingness to enter into a genuinely free and genuinely responsible search for the truth indrax. Please provide a brief report about your efforts so far and what has come forth from them.

BTW Have you noticed that Anonymous U*U is awfully quiet and hasn't said boo about the purely mythical "chair throwing incident" that he or she accused me of some weeks ago? You may recall that I challenged Anonymous U*U to provide ONE scrap of evidence supporting that demonizing allegation about me but, so far, not a peep has been heard about it even though Anonymous U*U did pist several times after having made that "injurious and untrue" "insulting and defamatory" accusation about me. . . There is just ONE of the many outright *lies* that U*Us have told about me over the years indrax.

* a figure of speech