The Emerson Avenger

The Emerson Avenger is a "memory hole" free blog where censorship is scorned. This blog will "guard the right to know" about any injustices and abuses that corrupt Unitarian Universalism. Posters may speak and argue freely, according to conscience, about any injustices and abuses, or indeed hypocrisy, that they may know about so that the Avenger, in the form of justice and redress, may come surely and swiftly. . . "Slowly, slowly the Avenger comes, but comes surely." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

In 1992 I underwent a profound revelatory experience of God which revealed that the total solar eclipse "Eye of God" is a "Sign in the Heavens" that symbolizes God's divine omniscience. You may read about what Rev. Ray Drennan of the Unitarian Church of Montreal contemptuously dismissed as my "psychotic experience" here: http://revelationisnotsealed.homestead.com - This revelatory religious experience inspired me to propose an inter-religious celebration of Creation that would take place whenever a total solar eclipse took place over our planet. You may read about what Rev. Ray Drennan and other leading members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal falsely and maliciously labeled as a "cult" here: http://creationday.homestead.com - I am now an excommunicated Unitarian whose "alternative spiritual practice" includes publicly exposing and denouncing Unitarian*Universalist injustices, abuses, and hypocrisy. The Emerson Avenger blog will serve that purpose for me and hopefully others will share their concerns here. Dee Miller's term DIM Thinking is used frequently and appropriately on this blog. You may read more about what DIM Thinking is here - http://www.takecourage.org/defining.htm

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rev. Patrick "Ogre" McLaughlin On Internet Etiquette. . .

U*U ministerial candidate Patrick McLaughlin, who covets the honorific Reverend before his name, has just given me a dressing down about " internet etiquette" and even "common etiquette" on his Sparks In The Dark blog. I have posted my response to his rather hypocritical "sermon" on his blog but, since this prospective member of the "Fellowship of the Wing*" is likely to "memory hole" my point-by-point rebuttal of his two-faced accusations against me I am reproducing my response to the Reverend Ogre's U*U "rant" here. I did not bother to embed links to supporting evidence in the original comment on Rev. Ogre's "Snark In The Dark" blog since I expect it to be promptly "memory-holed" by the prospective Reverend Patrick McLaughlin but I will probably add some links to this post later -

:Robin, you make a practice of making every topic of discussion about you, your tale of woe, and your beef with one church and a few UUs.

Wrong Patrick. I only post comments on blog posts whose subject matter is pertinent to the U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy that I am exposing and denouncing. And it's not just about "one church and a few UUs". Try at least several U*U "churches" and a whole lot of U*Us who make a total mockery of U*U Principles and ideals.

:Every opportunity you get, with few exceptions, you sneer, defame, mock, and insult.

Defame? I think not. I am very careful to be very truthful and accurate in my criticism of U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. As far as sneering, mocking and insults go, as long as U*Us allow intolerant and abusive U*U clergy (to say nothing of lay U*Us) to sneer at, defame, mock, and insult other people I will be returning the favor. When U*Us clean up their act I will become rather more civil but, as long as the UUA and individual U*U "churches" all but officially endorse the insulting and defamatory language of U*U ministers, and allow all kinds of other insulting and abusive behavior to take place in the UNSAFE SECT known as the U*U World, I will be returning sneer for sneer and insult for insult. U*Us have repeatedly broken their empty "covenants" so I do not feel bound to them.

:Have at it--just don't do it on my blog. It's not a "public" place and I've gotten tired of it and don't care to have it here.

ROTFLMU*UO! *EVERY* blog, unless it is password protected or something, is a "public place" Patrick and if you haven't figured that out yet you are a complete idiot. I seem to recall some UUA administrators decrying how U*U youth did not understand just how public their blogs were, but obviously U*U adults are just as oblivious to that fact as U*U youth.

:Particularly not after your display of egregiously bad internet manners.

ROTFLMU*UO! My "egregiously bad internet manners" are a direct response to the egregiously bad internet manners of U*U bloggers such as Peacebang aka Rev. Victoria Weinstein for example. . . I can't help but notice that you direct people to her blog where, once upon a time they could read about her sodomy fantasy involving a US senator anally impaled on the Statue of Liberty's torch, to say nothing of other sneering, defamation, mockery, and insulting of other people. N'est-ce pas Patrick?

:I don't give a damn, as it turns out, who knows who "ogre" is.

How about gooddogmasit then Patrick? Do you care if anyone knows your Beliefnet handle? I seem to recall gooddogmasit doing a fair bit of sneering, defaming, mocking, and insulting on Beliefnet. . .

:It wasn't adopted as a cloak for anonymity.

No of course not. . . Neither was gooddogmasit was it?

:But your choosing to address me by name makes the point that you've performed that intrusion of going to find out who I am, so that you can out me.

Brilliant deduction Patrick aka gooddogmasit. . .

:Turns out I don't care. But your use of the name makes the point that you don't care to play within common etiquette.

Correct. I do not care to play within common etiquette when U*U bloggers choose not to play within common etiquette themselves. . . Why should I be bound to "common etiquette" when you and other bloggers, to say nothing of U*U clergy and U*Us more generally. . . repeatedly make a total mockery of "common etiquette" with their online, off-line, private and public, sneers, defamations, mockery, and insults?

:Tolerance is a reciprocal thing, and you've violated mine.

Because you and other U*Us have previously violated my tolerance "Ogre" aka gooddogmasit. . .

:So from here on, comments off topic--and particularly those that are rude and derogatory to UUs in general will simply be deleted.

And reproduced on The Emerson Avenger blog. . .

:Consider it the consequences of your misbehavior.

Consider my "rude and derogatory" but highly truthful and justified comments to you and other UUs to be the consequences of *your* misbehavior "Ogre". . .

:No doubt this makes me part of the vast conspiracy. Ah well.

I don't believe that I have ever used the term "conspiracy" with reference to U*Us Patrick aka Ogre aka gooddogmasit. From what I can see, a good number of U*Us do a pretty good job of being obnoxious asses all by themselves on an ongoing individual basis. . . No "conspiracy" required.

* As in left-wing aka "the Church of the Far Left"

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home