Yet Another Police Free Protest In Front Of The Unitarian Church Of Montreal

I could get used to this. . . :-)

Sunday December 5th, 2010, more or less marked the 10th anniversary of my false arrest on the completely bogus 'disturbing religious worship' criminal charges that were brought against me at the behest of deeply misguided Montreal Unitarians going to desperate lengths to shut down my peaceful public protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. I thus thought that it would be just a tad ironic if I was arrested for a second set of completely bogus, or highly questionable, criminal charges this Sunday. OTOH I was pretty sure that an arrest on *any* criminal charges is increasingly unlikely and that I almost certainly would not be arrested this Sunday. In fact I was quite confident that there was a good possibility that the police wouldn't show up at all and this confidence proved to be well founded. . .

The fact of the matter is that were, and still are, virtually no valid legal reasons for the Montreal police force, and Quebec Crown prosecutors etc. etc., to aid and abet outrageously hypocritical Montreal Unitarians desperately trying to compromise and undermine the letter and spirit of the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms by having me arrested on highly questionable, if not completely unwarranted, criminal charges whose only *real* purpose is to force an end to my image tarnishing peaceful public protest in front of The Church Of The Tarnished Image aka the Unitarian Church of Montreal.

I did not see a single marked SPVM police car during the whole time that I protested in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal this Sunday and I protested for about an hour or so. This is a refreshing and welcome change from having Station 11 police officers show up to unnecessarily question me and/or attempt to shut down my peaceful public protest almost every single time that I showed up to protest over the last several years. This is a real and significant change in the tactics of Station 11 police officers, especially in light of the increasingly questionable manner of their unwarranted interventions in the spring of this year which caused me to contact Station 11 commanders directly and question what I have reasonable grounds to consider to be unprofessional, and even somewhat intimidating and abusive, behaviour on the part of *some* Station 11 police officers. Hopefully it is a quite permanent change in police tactics and I will be able to continue protesting against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal with minimal or no police intervention for some time yet. . .

I have yet to file a formal complaint against any of those Station 11 police officers who behaved in an unprofessional manner towards me this spring, *some* of whom conducted themselves in a manner that *could* be considered to constitute police intimidation and harassment, but it seems that my questioning of their apparent misuse and abuse the proverbial power and authority invested in them may be a contributing factor in the apparent decision of Station 11 to stop sending police cars to the Unitarian Church of Montreal almost every time that I show up to protest. In fact I have enjoyed four police free Sundays out of the last five, and the one Sunday where the police did intervene they allowed me to continue my protest after talking with me and representatives of the Unitarian Church of Montreal such as Allison Hall who was intimately involved in Rev. Diane Rollert's deeply misguided effort to quash my protest via obtaining a restraining order against me based on her own and other Montreal Unitarians' paranoid fantasies and perjurious lies. . .

Please note that I said that I did not see a single *marked* SPVM police car this Sunday. That does not mean that an unmarked police car did not drive by a few times or even park for a while to engage in some surveillance of my protest. In fact a black SUV did drive by a few times this Sunday and I recall seeing the same or very similar black SUV during some of my previous interactions with the police. In fact I distinctly recall a black SUV being present during one of the police interventions in November when Station 11 police officers realized that they were being fed a line of bullshit by Montreal Unitarians who were falsely claiming that I was behaving aggesssively during my protest.

If the black SUV that I saw drive by a couple of times is in fact an unmarked police vehicle that is fine by me. I have in the past requested police surveillance of my protest as a result of Montreal Unitarians calling in false reports to the police. I knew that any police surveillance of what one Unitarian*Universalist minister long ago referred to as my 'alternative spiritual practice', and another UU clergyperson recently referred to as my 'prophetic work', would show that not only is my own behavior in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal well within the bounds of normal peaceful public protest activities, indeed it is amongst the most peaceful public protests one is likely to ever see, but that every now and then. . . a Montreal Unitarian U*U (to say nothing of non-Montreal U*Us and the occasional non-U*U) gets just a tad aggressive towards me, such as by repeatedly tossing my picket signs into de Maisonneuve boulevard as just one Big Fat U*U Example.

Who knows?

Maybe Station 11 police officers finally decided that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make an effort to find out what *really* happens during my protests in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal on any given Sunday.

Is it possible that Sergeant Detective Scott Darragh, who foolishly and I dare say quite aggressively threatened me with arrest on fairly serious (albeit all but completely groundless. . .) criminal charges during a meeting that I had with him and Lieutenant Sylvain Boisvert in early June, decided to do some *real* detective work, instead of happily swallowing the highly misleading and outright false bullshit that Montreal Unitarians fed him hook, line, and sinker? I would certainly hope that the day that Sergeant Detective Scott Darragh starts to thoroughly cross-examine the Montreal Unitarian liars who have been feeding him bullshit about me is the day that he stops swallowing it. . .

Who knows?

Maybe that is exactly what happened within the last month or so, and goes a long way to explaining the significantly decreased, to say nothing of much more polite and professional, interventions by Station 11 police officers during my peaceful public protests in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal in November and, so far. . . December.

Comments