WHAT "CULT" JOHN INDER? "SOLAR TEMPLE" FRANK GREENE?

Well today's exercise of my "alternative spiritual practice" of protesting against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the so-called Unitarian "Church" of Montreal was relatively uneventful. There were however a couple of things worth mentioning. I am currently displaying the following hard hitting picket sign slogans quite prominently.

WHAT "CULT" JOHN INDER?

"SOLAR TEMPLE" FRANK GREENE?

One sign is held in each hand and I do my best to ensure that people entering the Unitarian "Church" of Montreal see them.

One woman approaching the "church" from the east took a long hard look at these two slogans and said, "I don't like that." I responded to her comment by saying, "I don't like it either. . ." and then said that it was "incredibly stupid" for the whole congregation of the Unitarian Church of Montreal to ignore my serious grievances arising from the false and malicious labeling of Creation Day as a "cult" for over ten years. The woman did not respond verbally but she none-the-less gave me a look that seemed to indicate that she empathized and understood and respected my stance.

If I am not mistaken this same woman had made a similar comment several weeks ago to which I had responded that if she didn't like what she saw on my picket signs that she should "do something about it". She had responded that she had tried to do something but had been unsuccessful. I don't doubt that over the last decade a few members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal have tried to persuade the "church" leadership to respond to my grievances in a responsible manner and have either been ignored or blown off. It must be a frustrating and disillusioning experience for a concerned member of the Unitarian Church of Montreal to attempt to live up to U*U principles that "covenant" to "affirm and promote" "justice, equity and compassion in human relations" only to face resistance from "church" leaders. My motto however is "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." If this woman and even as few as a half-dozen "like-minded" members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal worked together to petition the leadership and congregation of the Unitarian Church of Montreal to finally respond in a genuinely responsible manner to my serious grievances they just might be able to persuade the congregation to "do the right thing". As long as this woman and other "like-minded" Montreal Unitarians just give up after making some kind of an attempt to persuade the "church" to actually practice what it preaches rather than repeatedly making a total mockery of the purported principles and purposes of the what is now known as the U*U "religious community" justice will continue to be delayed and denied.

Another thing that happened is that, once again, a couple of DIM Thinking Montreal Unitarians made allusions to having me killed. . . One fellow who is the kind of Montreal Unitarian who studiously avoids looking at my picket sign slogans by staring at the sidewalk as he approaches the "church" met up with another Montreal Unitarian on the main walkway into the Unitarian Church of Montreal. He commented to the effect that in a "third world country" he could gather up or "hire" a bunch of "tribesmen" and have me killed. The other Unitarian concurred and then made an "air gun" (as it were) and, pointing his imaginary sub-machine gun* at me, made it clear that in "a third world country" I could very easily be taken care of. This is not the first time that some Montreal Unitarians have made allusions to having me killed. I do not consider this particular behaviour to constitute an actual threat against my personal safety and thus will not waste the time of the Montreal police force by reporting it as though it was an actual threat against me but it certainly does serve to illustrate that at least a few Montreal Unitarian U*Us would apparently be quite happy to see me "terminated with extreme prejudice". . .

That's all for now.

* In that the DIM Thinking Montreal Unitarian's imaginary gun consisted of two fists held about a foot apart at waist level rather than raised to eye level as a rifle would be I can reasonably interpret this U*Us gesture to be suggesting that a short burst of sub-machinegun fire could solve the problem of my peaceful public protest if Canada was "a third world country". Thankfully it is not. . .

Comments

indrax said…
You seem to be focusing on John Inder and Frank Greene lately, why them instead of Drennan?

I agree that it is interesting that none of your claimed empathizers are willing to stand up for you.

Why should people believe that your descriptions (of the converstaions with the woman, and the 'air gun' incident) are accurate, given that you have been willing to take words out of context to hide their true clear meaning?

You are in one case describing a short portion of an overheard conversation. Yet, based on past experience, If I were to ask you for clarifications, I think you would accuse me of DIM thinking.
Robin Edgar said…
:You seem to be focusing on John Inder and Frank Greene lately, why them instead of Drennan?

That should be a no brainer indrax. I am concentrating on John Inder and Frank Greene because, unlike Rev. Ray Drennan who ran off to the backwoods of New Brunswick, they are still members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. Montreal Unitarians hoped that I would would end my protest after Rev. Ray Drennan "retired". They were clearly warned that such false hopes were what Rev. Charles Eddis might refer to as "wishful thinking" but chose to persist in their DIM Thinking "wishful thinking".

:I agree that it is interesting that none of your claimed empathizers are willing to stand up for you.

Oh I wouldn't say that indrax. . . And that's just one example. Who is standing up for you indrax? Not one single U*U as far as I can see.

:Why should people believe that your descriptions (of the converstaions with the woman, and the 'air gun' incident) are accurate, given that you have been willing to take words out of context to hide their true clear meaning?

That is pure unadulterated bullshit indrax. I have hardly "taken words out of context to hide their true clear meaning" as you allege here. In any case, just as no amount of "context" can justify the false and malicious labeling of Creation Day as a "cult" by Rev. Ray Drennan, Frank Greene, John Inder and other intolerant and abusive U*Us, there is no amount of "context" that can change the "true clear meaning" of what these two Montreal U*Us said.

:You are in one case describing a short portion of an overheard conversation. Yet, based on past experience, If I were to ask you for clarifications, I think you would accuse me of DIM thinking.

Not really indrax, as long as you don't ask any idiotic questions like "What was said?" when "what was said" is abundantly obvious to most people of intelligence and conscience. . .
indrax said…
Oh I wouldn't say that indrax. . . And that's just one example.

Um, Robin, That post wasn't standing up for you by any stretch. He is 'intrigued' that you are willing to take on the UUA, and 'make an ass' of yourself in the process. He also said he wouldn't be examining it any more closely, and wouldn't bring you up to other UU's at this time.
Doesn't sound like he's going to bat for you. He sounds ambivalent, at best.

As for me, I don't feel a particular need to be stood up for.

That is pure unadulterated bullshit indrax. I have hardly "taken words out of context to hide their true clear meaning" as you allege here.

Yes, you have. I wasn't talking about Drennan's words, I was talking about my words. Specifically, "What was said?" which you quoted out of context in order to pretend that it wasn't a request for full sentences.

Not really indrax, as long as you don't ask any idiotic questions like "What was said?" when "what was said" is abundantly obvious to most people of intelligence and conscience. . .
Oh look, you did it again! Well since it is obvious to people of intelligence that:
"I note that most of these are not sentences, and lack context. What was said?"
...was a request for full sentences, and since those full sentences were not readily available at the time, it should be clear that you have just taken my words out of context in order to pretend that the question had been answered, and to call my words idiotic as a result.

Please Stop Lying.
Anonymous said…
Indrax,

For some reason he's afraid to tell you.

Give up.
Robin Edgar said…
I am not the least bit afraid of indrax's trolling and SPAMMING anonymous, U*U or otherwise. . . In fact in response to indrax's incessant trolling and SPAMMING I have created a special thread that is exclusively devoted to arguing with oh so special indrax if and when I deign to argue with him about his various wild*ass statements. It is quite ridiculous for an anonymous commenter to accuse me of being afraid of indrax when you are obviously afraid to identify yourself. I am obviously not afraid of the UUA, the CUC, the Unitarian Church of Montreal, the Montreal policde force, the Quebec Human Rights Commission etc. so it is just plain DIM thinking idiocy on your part to pretend that I am the least bit afraid of the DIM Thinking indrax troll.
indrax said…
I think it's funny that you think that trying to put me in a ghetto is a sign that you're not afraid.
Robin Edgar said…
ROTFLMU*UO I'm shaking in my boots indrax! Now please be so kind as to stick to posting your trolling SPAM to your oh so special place here indrax or pretty soon you won't even have a ghetto to post in. I am inches away from instituting a policy that will disallow comments from Anonymous bloggers unless I believe there is some very compelling reason to allow them to remain anonymous.