Is Rev. Ray Drennan Crazy?

Since today is the first Sunday following the 12th anniversary of my formal complaint against Rev. Ray Drennan aka Rev. Raymond Drennan I made a point of engaging in my "alternative spiritual practice" of publicly protesting against the anti-religious intolerance of Rev. Ray Drennan and the "pure religious bigotry" of other intolerant "Humanist" U*Us, to say nothing of other U*U injustices, abuses and hypcrisy. . . in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. As has been my habit for the last several months the two picket sign slogans that I most prominently display to the public by holding them in my hands and ensuring that they are seen by passing cars, buses and pedestrians say -

CULT IS A FOUR LETTER WORD

and

"CHURCH" OF THE "CULT-LIKE" WITCH-HUNT

Near the end of my protest a man stopped and asked me about those picket sign slogans. I explained to him that I was protesting against the fact that a "fundamentalist atheist minister" of the Unitarian Church of Montreal had falsely and malicious labeled "an inter-religious event that I had organized" as a cult. The immediate response of this "passer by" was, "Is he crazy?"

My direct response to his question was, "As a matter of fact he is."

In my finely reasoned opinion Rev. Ray Drennan, aka Rev. Raymond Drennan, can be quite justifiably described as being "crazy" in at least one or two of the generally accepted dictionary definitions of the word "crazy". Certainly Rev. Ray Drennan's false and malicious labeling of Creation Day as "your cult" was "senseless". In fact I have previously spoken about Rev. Drennan's "senseless acts of bigotry". . . We went on to have a brief conversation that went into a bit more detail about what happened and phiolosophical aspects thereof, such as the fact that, by definition, an inter-religious event cannot be a cult, before another "passer by" who I have had some good conversations with in the past and expect to have some more in the future stopped and asked me if I knew what the symptoms of pneumonia are.

I expect that most people of intelligence and conscience will agree that it is quite justifiable to ask if Rev. Ray Drennan is "crazy" not only in terms of his senseless acts of bigotry that I am not the only victim of. . . but also his obstinate and protracted refusal to retract his intolerant and abusive "insulting and defamatory language" and offer a formal apology that clearly and unequivocally acknowledges the wrongfulness and harmfulness of his "pure religious bigotry" and expresses sincere regret for his "senseless acts of bigotry".

This passer by who stopped to engage in what U*Us might call a free and responsible search for the truth and meaning of my picket sign slogans really made my day by asking if Rev. Ray Drennan was crazy 12 years down the road from my formal complaint against Rev. Drennan for labeling Creation Day as "cult". I expect that this person would think that Rev. Raymond Drennan was even crazier for refusing to properly apologize for his "insulting and defamatory language" and retract his "injurious and untrue" words, including that four letter word "cult". As a result of our conversation being interrupted by another passer by I did not get into the fact that Rev. Ray Drennan's senseless acts of "pure religious bigotry" have been tacitly condoned, and even effectively endorsed, by both the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the UUA for over a dozen years now before this passer by continued on his way. I am confident however that had I done so he might well have asked, "Are they crazy?"

Comments