The Deafening Silence Of The U*Us Continues. . .

This is just to let everyone know that I have yet to receive so much as an acknowledgment of receipt of this "electronic communication" that was sent to UUA President Bill Sinkford, UUA Moderator Gini Courter, all UUA Trustees, all other UUA Board members listed on this official UUA list of Board members, as well as UUA Congregational Services Director Rev. Dr. Tracey Robinson-Harris and UUA Director of Ministry and Professional Leadership Rev. Beth Miller over ten days ago on Thursday January 15th, 2009. The silence of these U*Us is indeed quite deafening and, as far as I am concerned aka AFAIAC, it is also effectively complicit in the U*U clergy misconduct of all kinds that I am demanding that the UUA finally get around to providing some genuine and tangible restorative justice to all the good people who are the victims of. In that I have successfully posted this "electronic communication" to Pacific Southwest UUA Trustee Tom Loughrey's blog and have also submitted it to the third Governance As Holy Work post of Pacific Central UUA Trustee Ms. Linda Laskowski's "moderated" UUA View From Berkeley blog I have little reason to believe that most if not all of the people that I sent it to did not actually receive it.

These top level UUA leaders would all be very well advised to clearly indicate to me their intentions as to just how they wish to proceed in this matter within the next few days otherwise I will yet again come to the conclusion that the UUA is yet again "choosing love" as in zero, nada, nothing, by choosing to do absolutely nothing to visibly and tangibly stand on the side of love for any and *all* victims of any and *all* forms of clergy misconduct perpetrated by U*U ministers and subsequently perpetuated by the negligent and effectively complicit responses of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, its Department of Congregational Services, its very aptly named Ministerial *Fellowship* Committee, and various implicated "less than safe" U*U congregations to my own and other people's legitimate grievances and serious formal complaints arising from diverse cases of U*U clergy misconduct.

Comments

Robin, may I blog about your blog?

Prairie Mary
prairiem@3rivers.net
Robin Edgar said…
Of course you can blog about my blog Prairie Mary. AFAIAC you can blog about any blog without asking the permission of the blog owner. Its called freedom of speech. . .

I blog about what is said on U*U blogs all the time without asking permission to do so.

I just did it again today to the chagrin of Rev. Victoria Weinstein aka Peacebang.

Blog away about The Emerson Avenger blog be it good, bad or downright ugly. . . ;-)

All that I would ask is that you allow me to respond to whatever you have to say about it.

Regards,

Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger
Robin Edgar said…
Former U*U minister Rev. Mary Strachan Scriver aka Prairie Mary has blogged about what she calls my 'Passionate Dissent'. It seems that she misunderstands and/or misinterprets some important aspects of my dissent so I guess I that I will have to post a response correcting the apparently unintentional misinformation that her blog post contains but on the whole it seems to be sympathetic and even somewhat supportive. I certainly have to agree with much of what Prairie Mary has to say about the UUA and U*U churches as institutions. It sounds like she probably has a fair bit of "dirt" on some "less than excellent" U*U clergy and UUA officials etc. herself. . .