John Bohstedt Speaks Out Against Hate Speech In The Wake Of Jim David Adkisson's Guilty Plea



"In the mind, a troubled and bitter and evil mind, hate speech can lead to violent action and I think people who are decent citizens need to tell the sponsors who profit from hate speech that we need to cut down on the hate speech that is broadcast."

John Bohstedt

I look forward to the day when the sponsors of Rev. Ray Drennan's hate speech, the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the UUA, responsibly acknowledge the wrongfulness and harmfulness of their more than decade long sponsorship of his hate speech, to say nothing of the Unitarian Church of Montreal's and the UUA's ongoing sponsorship of the hate speech of other intolerant and abusive Unitarian*Universalists aka U*Us such a Rev. Cynthia P. Cain and Rev. Victoria Weinstein just for starters. . .

Earlier today I responded to someone who had equated me with the obviously racist, homophobic, anti-liberal bigot Jim David Adkisson as a result of my critical comments posted in response to TVUUC minister Rev. Chris Buice's rather naĂŻve, if not outright disingenuous, 'Everyone Welcome' - Even Now' Op/Ed in Newsweek. This seems as good a place as any to post my rebuttal of that person's defamation -

:The shooter's letter was released to the press today and you sound as extreme and ridiculous as he did.

I don't think so. Nowhere close really. But I know of some U*Us who have said extreme and ridiculous things that very closely parallel, if not duplicate, some of the ridiculous and extreme things that Jim Adkisson said in his "manifesto". In fact one of the U*U injustices that I am protesting against is intolerant and abusive "Humanist" Unitarian*Universalists falsely and maliciously slandering my religious activities as a "cult". . . The anti-liberal bigot Jim Adkisson did call Unitarian*Universalism a cult in his "manifesto" didn't he? I see no difference whatsoever between that particular act of bigotry and fundamentalist atheist "Humanist" U*Us labeling an inter-religious event that I had successfully organized as a "cult" out of their deep-seated anti-religious intolerance and bigotry. Do you?

You know what sdjowers? In spite of his obvious serious psychological problems Jim Adkisson is one up on U*Us in at least one respect. He *owned* his hate-crime which is more than can be said for many U*Us who obstinately refuse to take personal responsibility for their own "hate speech", other forms of intolerance and bigotry, or diverse other injustices and abuses. I am still waiting for outrageously hypocritical Unitarian*Univeralists aka U*Us to responsibly acknowledge the "hate speech" and/or other intolerance and bigotry, or otherwise insulting and defamatory language, that they are clearly and unequivocally guilty of. I am still waiting for the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the UUA to responsibly *own* their own shameful failure, indeed their apparent obstinate refusal. . . to provide genuine restorative justice to me and other people who are victims of U*U clergy misconduct or who have otherwise been victimized by U*Us.

One more thing sdjowers, I believe Jim Adksisson when he says that he was subjected to hate by U*Us because he was a political conservative. I see no shortage of anti-Republican and broader anti-conservative intolerance, and even outright hated on the part of Unitarian*Universalists, to say nothing of the anti-Christian and broader anti-religious intolerance and bigotry that pervades and degrades Unitarian*Universalism. There is no excuse for what Jim Adkisson did but U*Us may well have reaped hatred that they sowed themselves in hating Jim Adkisson and other conservatives. Unitarian*Universalists can be thankful that I am far from being a "crazy" "psychotic" "nutcase" as maliciously alleged by rather too many foolish intolerant and abusive U*Us because, if I was, I might have done a Jim Adkisson by now. As it is I have been totally non-violent throughout this conflict which is more than can be said about belligerent Unitarian*Universalists who have threatened me and even assaulted me on occasion.

Comments