Rev. Peter Morales Was Very Poorly Advised When It Came To Failing To Answer The Legitimate And Quite Serious Questions That I Posed To Him

Literally. . .

Here is the brand-spanking new follow-up comment that I just posted to The Denver Post article 'Unitarians elect golden pastor to presidency' which announced Rev. Peter Morales' election as President of the UUA after discovering that Golden Colorado U*U Martin Voelker had posted some pure unadulterated U*U BS in response to my initial comment on that article -

So Martin Voelker "personally advised" UUA presidential candidate Rev. Peter Morales against responding to any of the serious questions that I asked him on his 'Along The Campaign Trail' blog. :oops: That is news to me but I am prepared to take his word for it here even if some of the other things he said in his comment are misinformed if not outright falsehoods. . . :?: Martin Voelker alleges here that "the instant the Morales campaign blog was up" I started "flooding it". Well anyone can go and visit Rev. Peter Morales' 'Along The Campaign Trail' blog and read the comments that I left on it including the dates they were posted on. I am confident that most people will agree that what I posted there hardly constitutes "flooding" Rev. Morales' blog.

The questions that I posed to Rev. Peter Morales on his blog were important questions, including some hard questions about some rather questionable public statements that Rev. Morales had made during his "stump speech" announcing his candidacy for President of the UUA. Amongst other things Rev. Morales had quite offensively "trashed" Judaism, Christianity and Islam, along with any number of other unspecified "old religions" as "obsolete religions created for another time". It seems now that Rev. Peter Morales' failure and apparent outright refusal to responsibly respond to the legitimate concerns that I raised about some of his campaign rhetoric was quite literally poorly *advised*. . . Well done Martin!

http://emersonavenger.blogspot.com/2009 ... e-uua.html

http://the-emerson-avenger-for-uua-pres ... -than.html

:For the past decade Mr Robin Edgar has been relentlessly posting allegations on blogs relating to Unitarian Universalism but he no longer is a member of any UU congregation.

Correct. I was permanently expelled from the Unitarian Church of Montreal for the terrible crime of engaging in peaceful public protest against the anti-religious intolerance and bigotry of Rev. Ray Drennan and other hostile, abusive, and outright malicious "fundamentalist atheist" "Humanist" U*Us. The fact that I was "excommunicated" by outrageously hypocritical and quite *totalitarian* Montreal Unitarians for the crime of publicly embarrassing them :oops: by "going public" with my entirely truthful "image tarnishing" protest against the kind of anti-Christian and broader anti-religious intolerance and bigotry that some U*U ministers agree is a "major problem" of the Unitarian*Universalist "church" has no bearing on either the validity and gravity of my serious grievances or my constitutionally guaranteed :idea: civil right to continue to publicly share what former UUA President Bill Sinkford once rightly described as my "obviously deep concerns". The anti-religious intolerance and bigotry that I have been protesting against for over a decade now is sadly all too common in the so-called Uncommon Denomination. :cry:

:Years ago he was ordered to leave his Canadian congregation after repeatedly failing to comply with agreements he had entered into regarding his conduct.

Wrong Martin. The fact of the matter is that I was very much in compliance with the *coerced* agreements that I had made *under duress* with the leaders of the Unitarian Church of Montreal who misused and abused the UUA's Disruptive Behavior Policy in a deeply misguided and outrageously hypocritical effort to prevent me from sharing my serious concerns about Rev. Ray Drennan's anti-religious intolerance and bigotry, and the UCM Board's effective condoning of his intolerant and abusive conduct. . . with my fellow congregants by calmly and peacefully distributing letters of grievance following Sunday services. Since when is calmly distributing letters of grievance to congregants "disruptive behavior" Martin? In fact I never at any time agreed not to engage in peaceful public protest against the injustices, abuses and hypocrisy of Montreal Unitarian U*Us. Never. Au contraire. . . I repeatedly warned Montreal Unitarian U*Us that I would engage in peaceful public protest in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal if they continued to obstinately refuse to redress my very serious grievances about Rev. Ray Drennan's demeaning and abusive clergy misconduct. Believe it or not Martin, the chairperson of the UCM's DBC John Pike, who was the vice-president of its Board at the time, expressly stated that the "Disruptive Behavior Committee" did not mind if I peacefully protested in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal yet, soon after I did so, I was expelled for six months for doing so by his successor as church vice-president and DBC chair John Inder. If anyone is guilty of repeatedly failing to comply with agreements that they had entered into regarding conduct towards me and other people it is outrageously hypocritical Montreal Unitarian U*Us who not only abjectly failed to comply with their own bylaws but have repeatedly broken the *covenants* aka solemn promises that they made as a U*U congregation -

The inherent worth and dignity of every person,

Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;

Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;

A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;

Montreal Unitarian U*Us, top-level UUA administrators, and Unitarian*Universalist U*Us more generally have *repeatedly*, indeed all but *continuously*. . . made a total mockery of these fundamental principles of Unitarian*Universalism and various other U*U principles and much more precisely defined U*U ideals.

:All of this is on record.

Wrong. What Martin Voelker said about me is not in fact on record because what he said is either ignorant and misinformed U*U BS or worse. . . knowing and willful misinformation and disinformation spouted by a U*U seeking to discredit me. That being said. This conflict is very well documented and church records do exist which will attest to *my* version of events. After all I am much better informed about this ongoing conflict than some U*U from Colorado who probably got his information from unreliable U*U sources who are themselves seeking to deny, ignore, and minimize the U*U injustices, abuses, and hypocrisy that I am protesting against. Allow me to rebuke atheist Unitarian Martin Voelker and all other "like-minded" small-minded and suspicious-minded, to say nothing of knowingly and willfully *close-minded*. . . U*Us with these words from the inaugural address of U.S. President Barack Hussein Obama on this Independence Day 2009 -

"To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand *if* you are willing to unclench your fist."

I say that it is high time that Totalitarian Unitarians paid heed to that good advice. . .

:Initially, many UU bloggers (including myself) let him speak but the fact that he started to hijack just about any remotely related thread has led to him being universally ignored.

Thanks for so publicly acknowledging that you and other willfully ignorant Unitarian*Universalists are chronically unready and obstinately unwilling to live up to the U*U "covenant" that calls for a free and responsible search for truth and meaning Martin.

More later. . .

Comments