Kurt Vonnegut Genuinely Cares About The Emerson Avenger's Unitarian Jihad!

This is a tale of a meeting of two lonesome, skinny, fairly old white men on a planet which was dying fast.

All this happened, more or less. The war parts, anyway, are pretty much true.

Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.

To whom it may concern: It is springtime. It is late afternoon.

Still and all, why bother? Here's my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.

If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind.

Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?

Life happens too fast for you ever to think about it. If you could just persuade people of this, but they insist on amassing information.

Human beings will be happier - not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That's my utopia.

And that's my interconnected masterpiece if I say so myself! ;-)

Come on UUs can't you see that, at the very least. . .

Google is on my side?!

Allah prochaine,

The Dagger of Sweet Reason

Comments

indrax said…
Robin:
I'd reccomend you switch to a blog teplate that puts the description and your profile into the sidebar.

As it is, people have to wade through a screenful of text just to see the top headline.
Robin Edgar said…
Thanks for your constructive criticism Indrax!

It is most welcome and well appreciated.

I would have to agree that The Emerson Avenger blog is not quite as "user friendly" as it could be and indeed should be. . . ;-) I chose this template because I thought that is was one that Ralph Waldo Emerson himself would feel at home inhabiting but then who am I to pre-judge Emerson's taste in interior decorating as it were.

I also liked the "rosette" symbols which are in fact a solar-flower/solar-eye motif that was originally inspired by the total solar eclipse "Sun Flower" and "Eye of God". . .

Man Google is so much fun!

Allah prochaine,

The Sweet Dagger of Reason
indrax said…
Hmm, I might be able to re-do the layout, but keep the graphics.

I'll play around with it.
Robin Edgar said…
Hi Indrax,

Don't waste any time on this blog. If I want to cutomize I will probably move to a different blog provider.

Allah prochaine,

The Dagger of Sweet Reason