Famous Fundamentalist Atheist Asshole P. Z. Myers Namecalls The Emerson Avenger As "An Obnoxious Poster Who Is A Demonstrable Asshole". . .

Methinks P.Z. doth *project* too much. . . :-)

I dare say I figure that I have to be doing *something* right if, without even trying all that hard. . . I can provoke one of the most notorious obnoxious anti-religious "fundamentalist atheist" assholes in the *real* world to call *me* "an obnoxious poster who is a demonstrable asshole."

Here is the first comment that I left on the 'Born to believe?' post of notorious "fundamentalist atheist" if not Atheist Supremacist P.Z. Myers' Pharyngula "science" blog earlier today -

Posted by: Robin Edgar | September 8, 2009 11:32 AM

"I have hardwired bits in my brain, I am sure,"

Couldn't have said it better myself. . . :-)

Your arrogance and obnoxiousness sure seems to be hardwired into your brain P. Z.

Do enjoy these Ad*Busted Freedom From Religion Foundation "FreeThought" Atheist Bus Campaign ads.

http://the-wonderful-wizard-of-uus.blogspot.com/2009/09/freedom-from-religion-foundation.html

A few more funny ones may be found on The Emerson Avenger blog.

Adios,

Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger

Here is the second comment I posted in response to an attack by one of P. Z. Myers' psychophants going by the handle strange gods before me. . .

:Wow, Robin Edgar is the most obnoxious and insulting Unitarian Universalist I've ever met.

Make that X Unitarian strange gods before me, even *excommunicated* Unitarian for daring to publicly expose and denounce the intolerant and abusive anti-religious and bigotry of the "fundamentalist atheist" subset of Unitarian*Universalists by peacefulkly protesting against it in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal.

:I'm truly shocked.

ROTFLMU*UO!

You read this obnoxious and insulting blog and your "shocked" that I respond to obnoxiousness and insults with some obnoxiousness and insults of my own? Didn't you know that that kind of tit-for-tat behavior is hardwired into the human brain? :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9K5xpWrg_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mFj3zS2sTU

:I've always seen better behavior from UUs.

I haven't. . . I have seen and heard and even felt far worse behavior from *some* U*Us.

:I won't hold this one asshole against the whole church, but I'm still shocked.

I won't hold this one asshole against the whole church, but I'm still shocked. . .

http://emersonavenger.blogspot.com/2007/02/rev-victoria-weinsteins-sodomy-fantasy.html

Well not really. Very little in the way of obnoxious and insulting behavior on the part (of) Unitarian Universalists, including obnoxious and insulting U*U clergy, shocks me these days.

Here is the third comment I posted -

Robin Edgar | September 8, 2009 12:09 PM

From the Times Online article - In one study he found even ardent atheists balked at the idea of accepting an organ transplant from a murderer, because of a superstitious belief that an individual’s personality could be stored in their organs. “This shows how superstition is hardwired into our brains,” he said.

God forbid that any "ardent atheist" aka *devout* atheist aka "fundamentalist atheist" should ever accept an organ transplant from a believer aka "Faith Head" eh? :-)

By the way P.Z. that "nonsense" that you are ranting about here was produced by a *scientist* and is supposedly *scientific*, so instead of obnoxiously and insulting ranting on about that "science* here how about if you challenge the methodology and *scientific* conclusions of the *science* of those studies?

Or is it possible that you just aren't that ahem "Bright" P.Z.?

Just go to the (im)pertinent Pharyngula blog post to read the others, but it didn't take much more than that for the self *confessed* "loud and often inflammatory" fundamentalist Atheist asshole known as professor P. Z. Myers to bestow his blessings upon me. :-)

Comments

A Concerned Surfer Following a Posted Link said…
Listen,

I mean this in the most respectful way possible so don't flip. Seriously though, I can't help but suspect that you've stumbled into a bit of a disconnect from reality. I don't know who you are or what your history is, but I would suggest you seek out the assistance of a physician qualified to help those in your situation. Psychiatric medicine has seen some remarkable breakthroughs in the last decade, and you may be able to find your way into a much happier, calmer, and reality-based state of mind.

I sincerely wish you well.
Unknown said…
Wow, talk about ignorant paranoia!

The rule at Pharyngula has been the same for years, and it's clearly spelled out in the terms of use you agreed to by posting. Any post containing more than two URLs is held for moderation until PZ can determine that it's not spam. Currently it's the best way for him to keep the spam to a bare minimum.

All you had to do was remove one link from your post, or split the post into two posts, each with two or less URLs in it.

Bur nooo, you'd rather whine and carry on that he's personally censoring you!

Well, you have fun with that. Trust me, we'll have plenty of fun pointing and laughing!

Ermine
Robin Edgar said…
:Wow, talk about ignorant paranoia!

There is no paranoia in anything i said. If you want some fine examples of paranoia I suggest that you take a closer look at some of the things that paranoid Unitarian*Universalist U*Us, including U*U clergy like Rev. Diane Rollert and the late Rev. Dr. Timothy W. Jensen have said about their intense fears of me. And that's just for starters. . .

:The rule at Pharyngula has been the same for years, and it's clearly spelled out in the terms of use you agreed to by posting.

Sorry but those terms are not obvious, and I somehow failed to see them. Even if they are clearly spelled out "moderation" is supposed to mean that a comment may be released from moderation once the blog owner has approved it. That is all that I was asking P.Z. to do. Release my legitimate comment from moderation.

:Any post containing more than two URLs is held for moderation until PZ can determine that it's not spam. Currently it's the best way for him to keep the spam to a bare minimum.


That is fair enough, but I was unaware of that rule when I posted the comment. Maybe P.Z. should inform people of that rule in the comment form itself. . . I was also unaware that he had a huge amount of SPAM comments assuming that he is telling the truth about having received 4000 SPAM comments yesterday. Even if that is true is seems to me that P. Z. *could* have made a reasonable effort to find the comment that I had submitted and post it. He categorically refused to do so asserting -

"I am not going to rummage through the garbage to find one comment from an obnoxious poster who is a demonstrable asshole, so no, you're going to have to retype it without all the links if you expect to see it published here."

:All you had to do was remove one link from your post, or split the post into two posts, each with two or less URLs in it.

I was only told of the moderation *after* I had submitted the comment and, if I remember correctly, the notification that modification had been enabled did not say why it had been enabled. Had I been aware of what you are saying now at the time I probably would have done exactly that but, not knowing that, I decided to give P. Z. reasonable amount of time to release the comment from moderation.

:Bur nooo, you'd rather whine and carry on that he's personally censoring you!

If P.Z. categorically refuses to make even the slightest effort to find the comment and release it from moderation because I am "an obnoxious poster who is a demonstrable asshole" he is personally censoring me Ermine. BTW Did you miss his subsequent demand that I "go away" or his intention to ban me from posting *any* comments to the Pharyngula blog? Are you going to try to argue that P.Z. Myers' warning about banning me from posting comments to his Pharyngula "science" blog isn't censorship and suppression of my comments?

What part of -

"Dear Mr Edgar; You're nuts. Go away now. You're almost certainly going to be banned in the near future, anyway, since I always feel a little regretful when I see the mentally ill getting stomped on."

Do you fail to understand Ermine?

:Well, you have fun with that.

Don't worry I will. . .

:Trust me, we'll have plenty of fun pointing and laughing!

I am quite aware of that Ermine but I am confident that God will have the last laugh in this matter if I don't. . .
Robin Edgar said…
Concerned Surfer,

I do not "flip" when people are being reasonable with me. In fact I do usually do not "flip" when people are being far from reasonable with me. I probably have more control over my anger and other emotions than most people. Do you see me "flipping" here or here?

I have been there and done that several times over when it comes to seeking out the assistance of a physician and/or mental health professional qualified to help those in my situation. To date I have never been diagnosed with any serious mental illness nor have I been prescribed any medication beyond a low level dose of Celexa when I was in a low-level depression in 2002 or 2003.

I am as happy as most people and probably even happier than most people. God knows I thoroughly enjoy this little hobby of mine, and get plenty of chuckles out of it, and not just my own chuckles BTW. . . :-) I am calmer than most people pretty much all the time. I am calm and serene even when in Emerson Avenger mode. I very rarely get angry since I usually get even. . . My mind is as reality-based as most people and far more reality based than *some* of the U*Us I know. If more U*U minds were reality-based this blog would not exist and I would never have started my protest in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. If Rev. Ray Drennan's state of mind was reality*based he never would have labeled Creation Day as "your cult" or my revelatory religious experience as "your psychotic experience" would he? If Rev. Diane Rollert's state of mind was more reality*based she would not be "very frightened" of me or irrationally afraid of flying for that matter. . . If former Ministerial *Fellowship* Committee director Rev. Diane Miller's state of mind was more reality*based in the spring of 1996 she never would have *pretended* that Rev. Ray Drennan's intolerant and abusive attack on me was "within the appropriate guidelines of ministerial leadership" would she? Believe me I can go on and on and on about how the minds of too many U*Us are anything but reality based. . . I am a model of sanity compared to some of the U*Us I know.