The Internet Anonymity Game - Discouraging Cowardly Anonymous Bloggers By Playing A Guessing Game Of "Who Could It Be Now?" Or "Could It Be ________?"

As readers of this blog are well aware I am strongly opposed to people posting insulting and defamatory attacks on other people or groups under the cowardly cover of internet anonymity. There may well be *some* justifiable reasons for posting material to the internet under the cover of anonymity, in fact I can think of a few myself, which is why I am not *totally* opposed to any and all internet anonymity, but posting demonizing and marginalizing malicious gossip to the internet is not one of them. I have made it very clear that I reserve the right to "out" any cowardly anonymous commenters who post insulting and defamatory or otherwise verbally abusive comments to this blog. I have also made it clear that I will will even "out" cowardly anonymous or pseudonymous bloggers who post insulting and defamatory language, demonizing and marginalizing public attacks, or other verbal abuse aka verbal violence to their own anonymous or pseudonymous blogs if I am able to do so. Needless to say Rev. Victoria Weinstein aka Peacebang aka Vicki She-Wolf of the U*Us is *the* U*U "Poster Girl" for *that* not so brand spanking new policy of The Emerson Avenger.

But what does one do if one cannot "out" a cowardly anonymous commenter or blogger because one is unable to determine their real identity? What if one simply doesn't want to devote the time and effort necessary to determine the real identity of the cowardly anonymous blogger(s) that one would be only too happy to "out" if one could? Are there other methods that might persuade these cowards that their chosen fate of becoming an anonymous blogger was none-the-less less than well advised?

I can think of one. In fact I thought of it several days ago and I have decided to implement this measure on this blog. As a direct result of deciding how to respond to the insulting and defamatory Robin Edgar Sucks blog in a manner that lets its cowardly anonymous author(s) know that it would have been better for pretty much all concerned for them to sign their name to their insulting and defamatory public attacks on me I came up with the idea of simply posting blog posts "guessing" who the anonymous blogger(s) *might* be. . . Who needs to waste time trying to identify cowardly anonymous bloggers in order to "out" them when one can make them regret their words and actions by dragging some of their friends and allies through the virtual "mud" they slung on the internet?

That's right U*Us. I am going to play a little game called -

Guess The Anonymous Blogger

aka

Pin The Tall Tales On The Big Fat U*U Ass

If I happen to miss the target a few times well that is all part of the game isn't it?

If I guess that certain UU bloggers might be *behind* the Robin Edgar Sucks blog, or indeed suggest some U*Us who are not known to have UU blogs might be responsible for its content, and those guesses turn out to be wrong, well that is more or less what is known as "collateral damage". . . In any case we won't *really* know with any certainty that my guesses are wrong until such a time as the real identity of the author(s) of the Robin Edgar Sucks blog is/are known will we U*Us? When the anonymous blogger(s) who really is/are behind the Robin Edgar Sucks blog see their U*U friends and allies "going down in flames" (as it were) they may come to realize that posting the Robin Edgar Sucks blog under the cowardly cover of internet anonymity was "less than wise". Hopefully I will start a trend by encouraging anyone else who is opposed to cowardly anonymous attacks on the internet to play the same guessing game.

The Emerson Avenger is always quite pleased with himself when he comes up with a brand-spanking new original idea and it would appear the my idea for the Guess The Anonymous Blogger Game is indeed an original one. Why no one else thought of it before is beyond me. After all it *is* something of a "no-brainer" when you think about it. . .

Needless to say an alternative title for this game could be Guess The Anonymous Troll. Apparently no one in the whole history of the interwebs thought of *that* idea either it seems. . . Must be my lucky day! And of course a rather "less than lucky" day not only for anonymous UU bloggers and anonymous UU trolls, but anonymous bloggers and anonymous trolls much more generally. . .

No U*Us?

Let the games begin!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds good!
Robin Edgar said…
That's kind of cute Anonymous!

As the blog post says I am only concerned with anonymous bloggers and commenters who use internet anonymity to post cowardky attacks on people with little or no possibility of being held accountable for their insulting and defamatory or otherwise abusive words. You're in the clear. ;-)
Robin Edgar said…
Obviously I meant to say cowardly not cowardky.
Unknown said…
"The Internet Anonymity Game - Discouraging Cowardly Anonymous Bloggers By Playing A Guessing Game Of "Who Could It Be Now?" Or "Could It Be ________?"

Great idea.
Good luck with it.
Slowhand said…
I commend your creative thinking Robin.

Whenever the term U U is up in print my mind brings up an image of the Unseen University, on Discworld, creation of Sir Terry Pratchett. Any candidates for the characters Rincewind or Ridcully?
Robin Edgar said…
I'm afraid I can't answer your question Slowhand because I am unfaniliar with the (presumably) science-fiction/fantasy novle that you are talking about. I will look into it though and see if something comes up.

As far as my creative thinking here goes it is not really all *that* creative. There are far better examples of my creative thinking on this blog and elsewhere. In fact the idea of the Internet Anonymity Guessing Game is something of a "no-brainer" and obviously only works if the anonymous blogger/commenter is part of a larger group. It won't have much effect on any "lone wolves". . . I am confident however that I can make the cowardly anonymous creator(s) of the Robin Edgar Sucks blog wish they hadn't engaged in their sorry example of "creative thinking."
Robin Edgar said…
Oh and I do hope to start a trend. I think it would be great if other people adopted my "creative thinking" here to deal with other cowardly anonymous bloggers and commenters etc.