Rev. Elz Curtiss Gets Freely And Responsibly Dissed A Bit By The Emerson Avenger

This TEA blog post is a point-by-point response to the rather less than deep "profound words" Rev. Elz Curtiss on the 'And now for something completely different:' post of Rev. Kit Ketcham's Ms. Kitty's Saloon and Road Show blog -

:how does one deal with being dissed? it has happened to so many of us, and will befall those we love. it can't really be removed from human discourse.

For starters being labeled as "psychotic", or even a "dangerously deranged psycho/sociopath". . . and having one's successfully organized and celebrated inter-religious event falsely and maliciously labeled as a "cult" by a "less than polite" U*U minister goes well beyond simply being "dissed" Elz. The proclivity of DIM Thinking U*Us to Deny, Ignore, and Minimize the malicious gossip and other verbally and psychologically abusive behavior of "less than excellent" U*U ministers is really quite shameful. I agree that such "gossip" can't really be removed from human discourse but it *can* be responsibly dealt with by the UUA and MFC and implicated U*U churches when it does happen and *that* is where the UUA and MFC have repeatedly failed, if not obstinately refused. . . to genuinely honor and uphold the Seven Principles and other claimed ideals of The U*U Movement.

:here is where the christian scriptures speak with some practical guidance. when the mediating is done, it could be that one's only recourse is to forgive.

There was no proper mediating done when I filed my legitimate clergy misconduct complaints. My complaints were summarily and arbitrarily dismissed aka irresponsibly blown off and the ministers' harmful and damaging unprofessional conduct was effectively condoned and white-washed by the UUA and MFC. I recommend that you freely and responsibly search for the truth and meaning of what Marie Fortune says about forgiveness of clergy misconduct before you suggest that I or any other victim should forgive the perpetrators and perpetuators of U*U clergy misconduct of *any* kind. In any case it should be glaringly obvious to you and other U*Us that to forgive is by no means the *only* recourse available to me and other victims of clergy misconduct. Heck I have the whole U*U Jihad Armed Farces at *my* disposal. . .

:buddhists remind us that only in letting go of our suffering do we fully open the door to our own emerging future of opprtunities.

So why can't Buddhists just "let go" of Tibet and "move on" eh Elz? Why not just fully open the door to their own emerging future of opportunities as an integral part of "Communist" China? Do tell. . .

:and folk wisdom reminds us that, "we catch more flies with honey."

My initial letters of grievance called upon U*Us to honor and uphold their claimed principles and ideals. U*Us in positions of responsibility, to say nothing of U*Us more generally. . . repeatedly failed and obstinately refused to do so, and continue to behave similarly to this very day. I tried honey to the extent that it was possible in this matter. I offered plenty of carrots to U*Us. I got nowhere. . . and was unjustly punished with a six month expulsion from "church" for doing nothing more than writing and distributing reasonably worded legitimate letters of grievance.

:bitterness corrodes from within. i have found that doing my best to let go of it and stay in right relationship has given voice to any number of fellow uus who don't want to be frozen in an acrimonious moment.

If U*Us do not want to be frozen in acrimonious moments with me and other people they should deal responsibly with acrimony when it arises within the U*U religious community instead of Denying, Ignoring and Minimizing it. In fact this conflict has been escalated and aggravated by continual U*U acrimony towards me and other people as the Robin Edgar Sucks blog nicely demonstrates. I have repeatedly told U*Us that I will tone down my act when U*Us deal responsibly with "less than excellent" U*U clergy who are allowed to insult and defame me and other people with complete impunity. As long as U*U ministers are allowed by the UUA and MFC and implicated U*U churches to demonize and marginalize me and other people with all manner of insulting and defamatory language I reserve the right to retaliate with "less than polite" public criticism of "less than perfect" U*U clergy. That is a policy that I adopted years ago as a result of the repeated insults and abuse that I was subjected to because the UUA and MFC obstinately refused to hold verbally and psychologically abusive U*U clergy accountable for their obviously harmful words and actions.

:i'm not perfect, and like kit, i don't always livr up to my ideals. but it isn't whether we fail, but how we approach round two, that results in victory.

There are different ways of achieving victory Elz and if I did not believe that my "bad cop" tactics could help in achieving victory I would not have adopted them. I have seen what happens to U*U "good cops" Elz. . . All too often they give up in despair and disillU*Usionment with the UUA and MFC. Often as a direct result of ostracism and harassment on the part of their fellow U*Us. AFA*I*AC the UUA and MFC and "less than excellent" U*U clergy require the attentions of a rather "less than chivalrous" Dark Knight of the U*U World. They have repeatedly rejected every "carrot" that I offered them over the years so they will just have to live with my Knight stick as it were until they finally get around to doing the right thing. . .

Egregious institutional stonewalling and denial is not something that I am willing to forgive because *that* unethical and immoral tactic is fully intended to significantly delay justice in order to outright deny justice. If U*Us want any forgiveness from me they are going to have to properly repent of their well-documented sins and ask me for leniency, if not some forgiveness. In that I believe that it is very important for the UUA and MFC and implicated U*U churches to clearly demonstrate that they in fact ready, willing, and able to hold unethical and/or abusive U*U ministers accountable for their wrongful and harmful words and actions, outright forgiveness is not an option in this matter but some leniency is and always has been. It is hypocritical U*Us who have repeatedly proven that they are neither forgiving nor lenient throughout this conflict. I have been quite lenient on a good number of occasions but U*Us have rewarded my leniency with contempt and even punishment of various kinds.

Comments