How Unitarian*Universalists aka U*Us Fit The Criteria Of Injustice Collectors To A Big Fat U*U 'T'. . .

One of the most idiotic blog posts on the Robin Edgar Sucks blog is the one that accuses me of being a so-called "injustice collector". The fact of the matter is that the criteria provided for an injustice collector, or indeed multiple injustice collectors, is much more applicable to Unitarian*Universalists aka U*Us than it is to your's truly as I will now proceed to *demonstrate*. . .

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It’s simple: They are always right.

Exactly. So just where have Unitarian*Universalists in positions of authority and responsibility ever admitted that they are wrong in their obviously negligent and effectively complicit responses to my legitimate complaints about U*U clergy misconduct, to say nothing of other U*U injustices and abuses?

Where did Rev. Ray Drennan ever admit that he was wrong to contemptuously dismiss my revelatory religious experience as "your psychotic experience" and insultingly and abusively label Creation Day as "your cult"?

Where did former Ministerial *Fellowship* Committee director Rev. Diane Miller ever responsibly acknowledge that it was wrong for Rev. Ray Drennan to label me as psychotic and intolerantly and abusively defame Creation Day as a cult? Where does she admit to her own wrongful response to my legitimate clergy misconduct complaint against Rev. Ray Drennan? Read through this record of our correspondence and let me know U*Us. . .

Where did former UUA President Rev. Dr. John A* Buehrens ever admit that he was wrong to berate me for sharing my concerns about Rev. Ray Drennan's obviously intolerant and abusive behavior towards me? Read my correspondence with Rev. Dr. John A* Buehrens and weep U*Us. . .

Where did Rev. Victoria Weinstein ever admit she was wrong to insult and defame me and other people on her Peacebang blog?

Where did "resigned" UUA Congregational Services Director Rev. Dr. Tracey Robinson-Harris ever admit that Rev. Victoria Weinstein was wrong to insult and defame me and other people on her Peacebang blog? Or that she herself was wrong in effectively condoning Rev. Victoria Weinstein's insults, defamation, and other verbal abuse? Do tell U*Us. Or just read 'em and weep yet again. . .

How about Rev. Beth Miller of the Corpse-Cold Unitarian Heart and totally U*Useless MFC lassU*U U*Us? Where did she ever admit that Peacebang was wrong to insult and defame people, and/or that Rev. Dr. Tracey Robinson-Harris was wrong to negligently and incompetently effectively condone Rev. Victoria Weinstein's insults and character ass*ass*ination etc.? Where did she ever admit to being wrong herself? Read 'em and weep again U*Us. . .

I could go on but hopefully U*Us and non-U*Us are getting The Emerson Impaler's point by now. . .

In a more general sense where have either the UUA or Unitarian Church of Montreal EVER admitted to the slightest wrongdoing throughout the whole course of our little war of words?

Do tell U*Us. I am all ears. . .

And for the record U*Us I do in fact quite readily admit to being wrong on those comparatively rare occasions when I actually am wrong about something.

Strike One.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

Right. So where did U*Us in positions of authority and responsibility, including but by no means limited to the previously named U*Us, ever properly apologize to me for *any* of the wrongful and harmful things that they are either directly responsible for perpetrating or indirectly responsible for perpetuating? I actually say "I'm sorry" or "Please excuse me" quite frequently. I do in fact apologize when and where it is appropriate to do so. For the record I *also* almost always graciously accept unsolicited apologies even when I have some reason to suspect their sincerity. The only "apology" I ever received in this matter was Rev. Ray Drennan's sorry excuse for an apology aka non-apology apology that was not only far from adequate but "less than sincere". When do I get to hear the UUA's official apology for its negligent and effectively complicit mishandling of my own and other clergy misconduct victims legitimate grievances? When do I get to hear the Unitarian Church of Montreal's official apology for not only doing absolutely nothing to hold Rev. Ray Drennan accountable for his insults and abuse but for unjustly punishing me for complaining about it?

Do tell U*Us. . .

Strike Two.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

High standards? What high standards? My "standards" are actually quite low. I am complaining about quite serious injustices and abuses not nit-picking about all kinds of other lapses on the part of U*Us. Is it setting a "high standard" to say that Rev. Ray Drennan went too far in labeling me as psychotic and Creation Day as a cult? Is it setting a "high standard" to complain about Rev. Victoria Weinstein's quite outrageous and even obscene insults and other verbal abuse meted out on her Peacebang blog(s)? Did I set too high a standard when I criticized Rev. Cynthia P. Cain for her remarkably catty demonizing and marginalizing of Republicans? I think not. . . Far from it. I complained about very unbecoming conduct that violated very low "bottom line" standards for U*Us or indeed anyone else.

Strike Three.

You're *out* in left field. . . but we are not done yet are we U*Us?

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient contrition.

Can U*Us say "Citizens' Police Officer"? If anyone has made the rules, bent and broken the very rules they made, and unjustly enforced those rules while refusing to properly enforce them against the *real* culprits in this matter it is Unitarian*Universalists. All I have ever done is ask U*Us to practice genuine justice, equity, and compassion in human relations as defined by their very own rules that I did not make, but outrageously hypocritical U*U "injustice collectors" have not only obstinately refused to justly and equitably enforce their own rules but have bent them and broken them at a drop of a hat when it suits their purposes to do so. I could be *wrong* U*Us but didn't the "less than welcoming" congregation of the Unitarian Church of Montreal forever banish your's truly from *their* Totalitarian Unitarian "Kingdom" because they deemed me to have disloyally tarnished their undeserved public image? Aren't Montreal Unitarians on public record, including comments published on the Robin Edgar Sucks blog. . . that they will not grant the slightest clemency to your's truly even if there *is* "sufficient contrition" for daring to tell some "image tarnishing" U*U truths about the Unitarian Church of Montreal?

Ah yes, here it is. . .

". . .he is unwelcome and he will NEVER be contacted to negotiate his return to our church. Should that ever happen the members would use the bylaws to call a general assembly in order to surrender our charter, to sell the building, and to give the monies to charity."

And that is but one *example* of that kind of unforgiving statement made by Montreal Unitarians. Not that I have actually ever done anything that is "unforgivable". . .

Strike Four. . .

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their “bad” list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

Actually I am quite aware of what is wrong with me and often take steps to responsibly deal with my own personal faults. It is U*U "injustice collectors" who are all too often pointing at injustices and abuses outside of the U*U World while conveniently Denying, Ignoring and Minimizing their own injustices and abuses. Come to think of it the Robin Edgar Sucks blog is a pretty good example of that kind of behavior but there are some other much more glaring ones such as when Rev. Victoria Weinstein stridently pointed the finger at Roman Catholic sexual abuse on her Peacebang blog at a time when one of her very own aging and dwindling First Parish Norwell parishioners by the name of Richard Buell had just been convicted of forcibly raping preteen girls including a neighbor's daughter and a "female family member" who I initially thought was his daughter but have revised my assessment, based on the relative ages provided in news reports, to more likely be a granddaughter of *Dick* Buell. There are plenty more examples of that kind of hypocritical injustice collecting on the part of U*Us, but that will do for the time being. . .

Strike Five.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

You said it. . . Unitarian*Universalist injustice collectors are never troubled by the glaringly obvious disparity between their rules for *others* (or indeed themselves. . .) and their own expectations of themselves. I could provide numerous examples of *that* kind of behavior but let's just leave it at the "Code of Silence" written into the UUMA Guidelines that prohibits U*U ministers from speaking in scorn and derogation of their colleagues while they happily insult, defame, slander, libel, demonize and marginalize pretty much anyone else they feel like with complete impunity aka zero accountability. All one needs to do is read how the UUA and MFC and Unitarian Church of Montreal responded to my complaints about Rev. Ray Drennan and Rev. Victoria Weinstein to see how U*Us, including top level U*U clergy and UUA administrators, fall all over themselves to quite cynically rationalize their own obviously unethical and immoral behavior with great ease and comfort. . .

Strike Six.

Par for the Big Fat U*U University *course*.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

Correct. Now tell me how U*Us go about responsibly acknowledging and correcting internal U*U injustices and abuses. This blog exists precisely because U*Us obstinately refuse to acknowledge and correct internal U*U injustices and abuses. Read the blog profile at the top of the page. Isn't it true that the members of the so-called U*U World believe that the *real* world would be an acceptable place if U*U rules and standards were followed at all times? Isn't it also true that U*Us can't seem to do an even half-decent job of making the U*U World a half-ways acceptable place by taking steps to ensure that U*U rules and standards were followed at least half the time? When have U*Us in positions of authority and responsibility *ever* properly interpreted and enforced their own claimed rules and standards in the course of this conflict? Don't you think that it just might have ended by now if U*Us had done at least a half-assed job of enforcing their own rules and guidelines etc.?

"Less Than LU*Ucky" Strike Seven. . .

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse or guilt.

No kidding. . .

Why do you suppose I talk about corpse-cold Unitarian hearts so often? Where have U*Us in positions of responsibility *ever* expressed remorse or guilt for their sins of commission or sins of omission in this conflict? Hell the UUA *Vice* President Kathleen 'Kay Montgomery couldn't even express any *guilt* in the UUA's apparently "less than sincere" official apology to victims of clergy sexual misconduct of over a decade ago.

Her exact words are -

"What I feel about this is not so much guilt, I guess, as great sorrow and regret. I am profoundly sorry."

That's right U*Us. Apparent crocodile tears of "great sorrow and regret" but "not so much guilt" as it were. . . Aren't U*Us aware that it is the astonishing and really quite shameful dearth of guilt and conscience on the part of too many U*Us that caused me to come up with the idea of World Day of Conscience? I certainly do feel appropriate guilt and remorse when there is good reason for me to have those feelings, but God knows that I have seen precious little evidence of guilt and remorse on the part of U*Us, including "less than excellent" U*U clergy, who *really* should feel some guilt and remorse for their harmful and damaging, or otherwise unacceptable, behavior towards me and other people.

Strike Eight.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

And just who is struggling to live with me prey tell? I don't see friends and relatives scouring self-help books or seeking therapy in any "struggle" to live with me. But I do see evidence of victims of U*U clergy misconduct seeking therapy, or reading self-help books, or using other tools in their struggle to try to live with outrageously hypocritical U*U injustice collectors. . .

Strike Nine. . .

10. The phrase “walking on eggshells” describes life with an injustice collector.

And just who is "walking on eggshells" in their life with me? Very few people, if anyone, as far as I can see. . . I am actually a very easy going and forgiving person but I *do* have to draw the line *somewhere* and, precisely because I do set comparatively low standards for behavior and because I am very lenient and forgiving of most transgressions of even those far from high standards, it is highly advisable to step back across the other side of the line when I do draw the line. Somehow I don't associate a "sodomy fantasy" luridly imagining anally impaling a "less than perfect" U.S. state senator on the Statue of Liberty's torch with "high standards" or "walking on eggshells" for that matter. Likewise I don't consider intolerantly and contemptuously labeling me as "psychotic" and Creation Day as a "cult" to be even remotely comparable to "walking on eggshells". It's rather more like a Big Fat U*U Mad Bull rampaging through a Big Fat U*U Jihad Army ammunition dump from what I can see. . .

No U*Us?

Strike Ten.

*Game* over. . .

:Our only misgiving? No answer about how to deal with an “injustice collector”. Any ideas?

In case you hadn't noticed there are no shortage of ideas for dealing with Big Fat U*U Injustice Collectors on this blog even if I have not actually used the term "injustice collector" to describe them until now. I was quite unfamiliar with that term until you passed me *that* Big Fat U*U Ammunition. Learn something new every day eh U*Us?

Ta from TEA

Comments