Unitarian*Universalism Sucks?!! But Can U*Us aka Unitarian*Universalists Even Use The Word Sucks? Apparently So. . .

Native American Activist Winona LaDuke asks -

"Can we use the word sucks?"

During her Ware Lecture at the 2010 UUA GA.

UU SUCKS

Butt don't take *my* word for it U*Us, because I would never go *that* far in my "less than polite" criticism of Unitarian*Universalism aka The Tiny Declining Fringe Religion™ aka The U*U Movement, take pseudonymous (U*U?) Friedrich's word for it, as posted in this Chalice flaming comment on Matt Kinsi's 'On the whole Board vs. GPAC tizzy' blog post. An obviously "less than polite" comment about The U*U Movement that I feel is worthwhile quoting verbatim here for some strange reason. . .

UU sucks. It sucks so much I can’t even tell you how much it sucks. It sucks any way you look at it. If I even tried to describe how much it sucks, I couldn’t use the word suck enough. Suck doesn’t even begin to describe how much UU sucks. It sucks, sucks, sucks. I could say suck a thousand more times, and that wouldn’t even start to describe how much it sucks.

The Board of Trustees of the UUA sucks, too, making this comment relevant. Approve away.

But I’m not all talk. I’ll tell you how UU could not suck. It should stop sucking. It should cease to suck. Stop the sucking, and it would not suck. How hard is that? I used to suck, and I stopped sucking, and now I don’t suck anymore. If UU would just stop the sucking, simply desist from the act of sucking, end the sucking, suck no more, UU would not suck. Why don’t people understand something this simple? Do you know why? Because they suck.

And you, Matt, you suck, too, and you could not suck by just stop sucking. But the problem is that you care. And for that, you do not suck. But because you do care, and because you don’t suck, one day you will end up anally impaled on the sword of righteousness of Robin Edgar. And that sucks.

Here is how I have responded to that chalice flaming comment so far -

Robin Edgar

Got any idea where that wondrously sucky comment came from Matt?

It *could* have been posted by one or more members of the “collective authorship” of The Robin Edgar Sucks blog.

BTW I think that Tom Wilson may be on to something here.

Not the *whole* Truth but part of it. . .

  1. Robin Edgar

    “I’ll tell you how UU could not suck. It should stop sucking. It should cease to suck. Stop the sucking, and it would not suck. How hard is that?”

    That is kind of funny Friedrich, because that is (in rather blunt and crude terms) more or less what I have been saying for well over 13 “less than lucky” years now, so I guess that it is tremendously difficult. . .

    God knows* that I have given U*Us numerous opportunities to stop sucking over the last fifteen years but U*Us obstinately insist on going right on sucking. . .

    And thank you so much for giving me the Big Fat U*U Foil that I needed to play off for an Emerson Avenger parody blog post image of 2010 UUA GA Ware Lecturer Winona LaDuke that I have wanted to post for the last few days. :-)

  2. Robin Edgar

    * *Really* God does know. . .

Here is the Big Fat U*U Screenshot of Friedrich's Big Fat "UU sucks" comment -

Comments