Celebrating Chalica By Lighting A Big Fat U*U Flaming Chalice Under The Asses Of Outrageously Hypocritical U*Us. . .

Besides being the 68th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl, and the 9th anniversary of the Montreal Mirror's image tarnishing 'Seeing The Signs' *reflection* upon my false arrest on trumped up criminal charges brought against me at the behest of outrageously hypocritical Montreal Unitarian U*Us, today is the first Monday in December 2009, and thus the first day of this year's observance of The Big Fat U*U Holiday known U*U World*wide as Chalica. The Emerson Avenger will celebrate Chalica this year by lighting a Big Fat U*U Flaming Chalice under the Big Fat U*U Asses of hypocritical Unitarian*Universalists who make a total mockery of the U*U Principles that Chalica celebrates via their "less than principled" words and actions.

The first day of Chalica is dedicated to celebrating the first principle of Unitarian*Universalism which calls for respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every person. I will thus light my first Chalica 2009 Flaming Chalice under the hypocritical asses of all those intolerant and abusive U*Us who go out of their way to show flagrant disrespect to good people and who subject people to Big Fat U*U Indignities of various kinds in complete and U*Utter disregard of the first principle of The U*U Movement aka Unitarian*Universalism.

More later. . .

Comments

Phill Becker said…
Having just heard of Chalica this morning, I was glad to hear of an alternative winter celebration for those of us who don't believe Christ is the "reason for the season", are not Jewish, nor pagan enough for an actual Solstice celebration. Doing a little web research led me to this blog, and I've spent a little bit of time trying to find the source of your anger. If it really is part of your "spiritual practice" to (I do not use this next word lightly) spit such hatred forth, there must surely be a horrible source for it.

I won't try to psychoanalyze you, just hope to understand a little. However, in the spirit of today's principle I will affirm your worth as a person and respect that your dignity has been damaged in the past. May your path find the peace you seek. - pb
Robin Edgar said…
There is no real hatred expressed here pbmax. Certainly there is some well justified strong criticism of various U*U injustices abuses and hypocrisy blended with modicum of controlled anger on occasion but no true hatred. The Big Fat U*U this that or the other thing is poking fun at U*Us and simply references the title of the movie 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'. It really is meant to be much more symtomatic of mocking humor than hatred.

It is just as well that you wisel choose not to psycholanalyze me since one of my main beefs with U*Us is their proclivity to "diagnose" me and other people with serious mental illnesses of one kind or another. Most ironically some "less than excellent" U*U ministers who actually have comparatively serious diagnosed mental illnesses themselves are guilty of such amateurish and unprofessional demonizing and marginalizing of me and other people. You are quite right that U*Us have indeed damaged my dignity in the past by engaging in such psychoanalysis. My path will find the peace I seek when U*Us in positions of responsibility at the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the UUA responsible acknowledge the harm and damage that they are either directly responsible for perpetrating or indirectly responsible for perpetuating.

I have no major problems with Chalica but it does seem quite derivative of Hannukah and Kwanzaa, perhaps especially the latter hence my fun poking blog post of just over a year ago titled 'Chalica Kinda Like Kwanzaa Only 97% White. . .' God knows I am not falsely and maliciously and indeed quite hatefully labeling Chalica as a "cult" as some intolerant demonizing and marginalizing Montreal Unitarian U*Us did to Creation Day. It doesn't get much closer to hate speech in the religious world than to falsely accuse someone of being involved in a cult or trying to start one. It is this kind of hateful fearmongering that I have been fighting for over a decade now but U*Us can't bring themselves to admit the wrongful and damaging nature of their intolerant and abusive behaviour.