Rev. Kit Ketcham Wishes There Was A Little More Moral Courage In The World Today

Needless to say I concur.

Here is the comment that I just submitted in response to Rev. Kit Ketcham's self-described "rant" titled -

'Moral Courage - Who Has It And What Does It Mean?'

I just wish there was a little more moral courage in the U*U World today. It is not without some "reasonable grounds" and "just cause" that I display a picket sign slogan saying -

"CHURCH" OF THE IMMORAL MAJORITY

in front of a U*U church that has displayed a dearth of ethical integrity and moral courage for well over a decade now. The picket sign slogan has much broader application in the U*U World and *could* be justifiably displayed in front of 25 Beacon Street in Boston.

Clearly *my* civil rights are not important to Montreal Unitarian U*Us or they would not have misused and abused the Canadian Criminal Code a couple of times now to try and prevent me from exercising my right to peaceful public protest against their lack of moral courage and other serious failings. In fact tomorrow will mark the 9th anniversary of my false arrest on trumped up criminal charges of "disturbing the order and solemnity" of "worship" at the Unitarian Church of Montreal on December 4th 2000. Here is the letter to the editor that I wrote in response to The Montreal Mirror article which did not *reflect* very well on "less than ethical" Montreal Unitarians.

I look forward to the day that Montreal Unitarians, and the UUA and MFC, finally get around to living up to the letter and the spirit of this Wayside Pulpit bon mot -

"Our heads are round so that thoughts can change direction."*

At present they are quite stubbornly behaving like what Québecois call "têtes carrés". . .


* Or something like that anyway.

Here is the follow-up comment I just submitted in response to Rev. Ketchum's decision to censor my critical comment -

Fair enough Ms. Kitty.

Need I point out that I would not feel the need to repeatedly rerun my complaints* if "less than ethical" Unitarian*Universalists in Montreal and Boston gathered up the moral courage required to responsibly acknowledge their numerous "mistakes" and take steps to correct them?

What is the point of U*Us in general, and U*U clergy in particular. . . "affirming and promoting" justice, equity, and compassion in human relations if U*Us lack the moral courage to actually practice justice, equity, and compassion in human relations by responding to internal U*U injustices and abuses with some genuine justice, if not compassion?



* Please note that complaints plural

Comments