How I Am Celebrating The Ninth Anniversary Of My False Arrest On Trumped Up Criminal Charges At The Behest Of Totalitarian Unitarians In Montreal. . .

Rats foiled again. . .

The big fat U*U *rats* at the Totalitarian Church of Montreal, to say nothing of Totalitarian Unitarians elsewhere in the U*U World have been *foiled* again by that Transcendentalist Super Hero dreaded U*U World*wide as The Emerson Avenger. . . Brockport NY Unitarian*Universalist David G. Markham has quite serendipitously provided me with a very nice anniversary gift in the form a blog post on his UU A Way of Life blog which makes the perfect *foil* to submit the following comment about the 9th anniversary of my false arrest on trumped up "public nuisance" charges at the behest of outrageously hypocritical Montreal Unitarian*Universalist U*Us -

Today is a gift alright David. In fact today is the 9th anniversary of my false arrest on trumped up criminal charges of "disturbing the order and solemnity" of "worship" at the Unitarian Church of Montreal. If you are wondering how a largely silent peaceful public protest outside a religious *institution* can in any way disturb the order and solemnity of the religious service going on inside the "church", it can't. . . Which is why I was rightly acquitted a few years down the road after the hapless Crown prosecutor, who had obviously been bambU*Uzled by the highly misleading testimony of Montreal Unitarian prosecution witnesses, thew in the proverbial towel and asked me to kindly make a motion of non-suit since he was unable to prove a single one of the four or five points of law that he had to prove beyond any reasonable doubt in order to obtain a conviction. I refused to do so because I wanted to present a defence anyway, one that would have revealed how Montreal Unitarians had lied to the police, prosecutor and indeed judge. . . A few days later the prosecutor moved for an acquittal but I was unaware of this motion because I never received the summons thank to a lax bailiff. . . I doubt that I could have successfully refused the acquittal, in order to be able to present the "full and complete defence" that I am entitled to under Canadian law, but I would have tried to do just that.

Sometimes I am tempted to mail a package containing a nice white towel to the Unitarian Church of Montreal and/or the UUA "corporate headquarters" in Boston so that they can finally throw it in, as they should have done years ago. . , and then make good use of it to start cleaning up the embarrassing mess they are responsible for creating. Unfortunately some of these deeply insecure if not outright paranoid U*Us might consider it to be a "suspicious package" and call in the bomb squad or something. . .

I intend to use the present of today's gift to write that somewhat overdue letter I have been meaning to write to UUA President Peter Morales. I hold out some small hope that our "war of words" may be largely resolved by the 10th anniversary of my shameful false arrest at the behest of Totalitarian Unitarians who have a bit of an image problem when they look in The Mirror. . .

Comments

Phill Becker said…
Thanks, now I know why you're bitter.
According to the article in the mirror you linked, you are upset that your spiritual vision did not receive enough attention. The article mentions that you were given use of UU facilities to share your views and that other people decided they did not share your revelation.

From the UUA http://archive.uua.org/pamphlet/3081.html
"We believe people should be encouraged to think for themselves. We know people differ in their opinions and lifestyles, and we believe these differences generally should be honored. "

They honored you enough to let you speak your piece. If you still believe that you are Unitarian at heart then you believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'm sure somewhere in there he mentions forgiveness and love, right?

One last quote, from the Mirror attributed to one Robin Edgar -
"The last time my father spoke to me, he told me to stop kicking people in the balls."
Robin Edgar said…
:According to the article in the mirror you linked, you are upset that your spiritual vision did not receive enough attention.

Not quite pbmax. According to John Inder, as quoted in the Montreal Mirror article, that is what I am upset about. It's a bit worse than that I'm afraid and John Inder knows it, since he is numbered amongst those intolerant demonizing and marginalizing Montreal Unitarian U*Us who falsely and maliciously labeled Creation Day as a "cult". . . John Inder is engaging in DIM Thinking disinformation aka "spin" attempting to deny and minimize the injustices and abuses that I am protesting against.

:The article mentions that you were given use of UU facilities to share your views and that other people decided they did not share your revelation.

Again this is Big Fat U*U "spin" trying to play down their intoerant and abusive behavior that I am protesting against. It is true that Creation Day was celebrated once in the Unitarian Church of Montreal when Christian Unitarian minister Rev. David B. Parke was the interim minister. In fact it was his partly as a result of his welcoming and supportive behavior that caused me to decide to join the Unitarian Church of Montreal in December of 1993. The fact of the matter however is that there was opposition from the intolerant "fundamentalist atheist" Humanist faction that pretty much controled this alleged Unitarian Church from the very beginning. Montreal Unitarians s*elected Rev. Ray Drennan, an outspoken antireligious "fundamentalist atheist", as their next "settled" minister and he and the UCM's Board moved quickly to ban Creation day from being celebrated in the "church" inspite of the precedent that it had been quite successfully celebrated before while Rev. David B. Parke was minister and inspite of the fact that the UCM's Religious Education Committee had unanimously voted in favor of holding the second celebration of Creation Day as an adult RE activity. The Board meeting was held "in camera" to prevent me from having any say in the matter and, about a month later, Rev. Ray Drennan was intolerantly and abusively labeling my monothgeistic religious beliefs as being nothing but "silliness and fantasy", contemptuously dismissing my revelatory religious experience as "your psychotic experience", and falsely and maliciously labeling Creation Day as "your cult." *That* is what my initial complaint was about but intolerant and abusive U*Us have done an excellent job of escalating and exacerbating the conflict so that now I have a good numer more serious grievances against them.
Robin Edgar said…
:"We believe people should be encouraged to think for themselves. We know people differ in their opinions and lifestyles, and we believe these differences generally should be honored. "

Right. Couldn't agree more. How does Rev. Ray Drennan's behavior described above and similar insulting and abusive, demonizing and marginalizing behavior perpetrated by other U*Us in any way live up to that Big Fat U*U Propaganda or indeed *any* of The Seven Principles? The simple answer is that such behavior makes a total mockery of these and other claimed U*U principles and ideals.

:They honored you enough to let you speak your piece.

Up to a point. . . Nowhere near as much as if my piece had been the kind of antireligious intoernace and biogotrey that Rev. Ray Drennan and other "fundamentalist atheist" U*Us were allowed to spout. In fact the "fundie atheists" did everything they could to try to prevent me from speaking my piece such as by banning Creation Day amongst other things.

:If you still believe that you are Unitarian at heart then you believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Tell that to all the fundamentalist atheist U*Us I know. . . Very few U*Us are Christian oriented these days.

:I'm sure somewhere in there he mentions forgiveness and love, right?

Right. He also took a whip to the moneychangers at the Temple Right? He also was more than a little bit rude to hypocrites. Right? I am a sweet little pussyxat compared to Jesus. . .

:One last quote, from the Mirror attributed to one Robin Edgar -
"The last time my father spoke to me, he told me to stop kicking people in the balls."

That is an accurate quote but leaves out a whole lot of contaxt that would have made it clear that the only reason that U*Us were being figuratively kicked in the balls is because they had repeatedly kicked me in the balls first. . . There is a bit more pertinent context but be assured that my father has done more than his fair share of verbally kicking people in the balls.